Where doyou park on motorway services

Old August 14th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Where doyou park on motorway services

Just got back from a few weeks down south and used motorways a bit and the
services but in general found they no longer have areas for cars/caravan
users.
I appeared to be the only one in the lorry area, are the rest of you in the
cars only only areas with your caravan?

Please reply to News Group.

Old August 14th 06, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:38:00 GMT, "David"
wrote:

Just got back from a few weeks down south and used motorways a bit and the
services but in general found they no longer have areas for cars/caravan
users.
I appeared to be the only one in the lorry area, are the rest of you in the
cars only only areas with your caravan?

Many services have separate caravan areas (e.g. Strensham, Reading),
particularly many of the newer ones.

When they don't (e.g. Stafford, Hilton Park), then you park with the
trucks.

I can't recall ever being the only one with a caravan in the truck
area at a services that doesn't have a separate caravan area.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Democracy: the demand of the stupid that they rule over the intelligent because there are more of them

Old August 15th 06, 06:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

David came up with the following;:
Just got back from a few weeks down south and used motorways a bit and the
services but in general found they no longer have areas for cars/caravan
users.
I appeared to be the only one in the lorry area, are the rest of you in
the cars only only areas with your caravan?

Wherever the signs say it's legal to park. Sometimes with the trucks,
sometimes in a separate area, sometimes with the cars. Depends upon the
service area and availability of parking.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old August 15th 06, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:23:54 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

|David came up with the following;:
| Just got back from a few weeks down south and used motorways a bit and the
| services but in general found they no longer have areas for cars/caravan
| users.
| I appeared to be the only one in the lorry area, are the rest of you in
| the cars only only areas with your caravan?
|
|Wherever the signs say it's legal to park. Sometimes with the trucks,
|sometimes in a separate area, sometimes with the cars. Depends upon the
|service area and availability of parking.

It is not a matter of **legal**. There are no *laws* about where one can
park in motorway service areas. The worst that could happen is that the
operator could ask you to leave, or move the outfit. If you park
reasonably, if not in according to the rules, this will not happen.
Old August 15th 06, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 15th 06, 06:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning