Accident damage Caravan how long to wait for Parts

Old August 15th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default Accident damage Caravan how long to wait for Parts

Accident damage Caravan how long to wait for Parts (NSR Body Panel)

I have a Bailey Caravan 2003 which had accident damage to the NSR plus
Awning rail this was all agreed with the insurance

in Early March the dealer said he would order the new panel but it would
take a long time!!!!!!!!

I thought he meant 4 x weeks or so but No still waiting , I rang the Bailey
Dealer and the chap said parts still on order

no problem.. (Luckily I can still use the van ) I would be a bit upset if
the van was off the road as I would have missed out on

a Caravan Holiday this Year.

How long does it take to get a Body Panel from The suppliers!!!!!!!

Does put you off a bit

Mike

Old August 15th 06, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Ticker" wrote in message
k...
Accident damage Caravan how long to wait for Parts (NSR Body Panel)

I have a Bailey Caravan 2003 which had accident damage to the NSR plus Awning
rail this was all agreed with the insurance

in Early March the dealer said he would order the new panel but it would take a
long time!!!!!!!!

I thought he meant 4 x weeks or so but No still waiting , I rang the Bailey
Dealer and the chap said parts still on order

no problem.. (Luckily I can still use the van ) I would be a bit upset if the
van was off the road as I would have missed out on

a Caravan Holiday this Year.

How long does it take to get a Body Panel from The suppliers!!!!!!!

Does put you off a bit

Mike

A few years go , the front of my van was damaged by vandals setting fire to vans
around mine ( in Store )

That was the week before Easter , it took a subsiduary of Norwich Union six weeks
to get a surveyor out

Because Elddis could'nt supply a front panel that did'nt have micro cracks on the
tight radiusus , it was September before I got my van back on the road

We lost 3 X 14 day holidays which were booked with no recompense from the
insurance company

If I had been with the Caravan Clubs insurance scheme and burned totaly out I'd
had a cheque in my hand for a new van within 28 days

15 other people who were with the Caravan Club had their claim sorted rapidly ,
in all there were about 40 vans with problems.

Needless to say I'm now with the Caravan Club

Good Luck

DieSea

Old August 15th 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Accident damage Caravan how long to wait for Parts (NSR Body Panel)

I have a Bailey Caravan 2003 which had accident damage to the NSR plus
Awning rail this was all agreed with the insurance

in Early March the dealer said he would order the new panel but it would
take a long time!!!!!!!!

I thought he meant 4 x weeks or so but No still waiting , I rang the

Bailey
Dealer and the chap said parts still on order

no problem.. (Luckily I can still use the van ) I would be a bit upset if
the van was off the road as I would have missed out on

a Caravan Holiday this Year.

How long does it take to get a Body Panel from The suppliers!!!!!!!

Does put you off a bit

What does your insurence cover give? Does it allow a hire caravan if yours
was unsusable etc., Have you contacted Bailey?

Please reply to News Group.

Old August 15th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

The whole caravan industry should be named and shamed for its abysmal record
on spare parts provision. I believe that some of the major manufacturers
signed a document saying that the maximum wait for any caravan part should
not be more than 8 weeks but, in my case, the Explorer group took a lot
longer than that to supply the repairers with a new front for my Compass
Rallye. Can't blame the repairer as they too are frustrated, as unhappy
customers are not good for business, (Unless you are a manufacturer that
is).
k...