Whale mixer tap tap problem.

Old August 15th 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rosco-p-coltraine

Default Whale mixer tap tap problem.

Hi can anyone give me an idea what is wrong with my kitchen whale mixer tap
sytem. What happens is when i switch either trhe hot or cold the taps off
the water continues to run and empty the pipes of all water even though the
pump is off, and if i use the bathroom taps the water flows out of the
kitchen taps as well and continues to run and drip etc until dry. Is there a
passing valve i need to change or do i need to change the whole mixer unit ?

thanks in advance

Rosco

Old August 15th 06, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Rosco-p-coltraine" wrote in message
Hi can anyone give me an idea what is wrong with my kitchen whale mixer tap
sytem. What happens is when i switch either trhe hot or cold the taps off the
water continues to run and empty the pipes of all water even though the pump is
off, and if i use the bathroom taps the water flows out of the kitchen taps as
well and continues to run and drip etc until dry. Is there a passing valve i
need to change or do i need to change the whole mixer unit ?

thanks in advance

Rosco

Sounds like one of the micro switches could be a bit sticky

DieSea

Old August 15th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

"Rosco-p-coltraine" wrote in message
Hi can anyone give me an idea what is wrong with my kitchen whale mixer

tap
sytem. What happens is when i switch either trhe hot or cold the taps off
the water continues to run and empty the pipes of all water even though

the
pump is off, and if i use the bathroom taps the water flows out of the
kitchen taps as well and continues to run and drip etc until dry. Is there

passing valve i need to change or do i need to change the whole mixer unit

?

thanks in advance

Rosco

The tap washer is 'past its sell by date' not all taps have serviceable bits
apart from the switch.

Old August 15th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rosco-p-coltraine

"johnh" wrote in message

"Rosco-p-coltraine" wrote in message
Hi can anyone give me an idea what is wrong with my kitchen whale mixer

tap
sytem. What happens is when i switch either trhe hot or cold the taps off
the water continues to run and empty the pipes of all water even though

the
pump is off, and if i use the bathroom taps the water flows out of the
kitchen taps as well and continues to run and drip etc until dry. Is
there

passing valve i need to change or do i need to change the whole mixer
unit

?

thanks in advance

Rosco

The tap washer is 'past its sell by date' not all taps have serviceable
bits
apart from the switch.

Ok thanks for that i presume then i have to disconnect underneath and put
a new washer in ? or is it not that simple and i may have to purchase a
complete new unit ?

Rosco