Isabella fibreglass awning pole collar repair/replace

Old August 16th 06, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

Default Isabella fibreglass awning pole collar repair/replace

The locking ? collars on a couple of my poles have split. They seem to have
got brittle over the years. does anyone know where I might get replacements
or repairs? They don't look too easy to remove.

TIA

Jon

Old August 17th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:43:58 +0100, "JRS" wrote:

The locking ? collars on a couple of my poles have split. They seem to have
got brittle over the years. does anyone know where I might get replacements
or repairs? They don't look too easy to remove.

TIA

Jon

Most Isabella dealers carry the spares.
They can be difficult to remove, big hammer & screwdriver works for me
or you can saw the end of the pole off.

Lenny
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old August 17th 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

If you are talking about the upright poles a long piece of dowel or thin
broom handle pushed in from the opposite end and a smart tap on the floor
and the broken end will just pop off, they are not glued on, just a
push-fit.
Any good dealer will stock them.
Tankie
news

Old August 22nd 06, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

They can be difficult to remove, big hammer & screwdriver works for me
or you can saw the end of the pole off.

Thanks both. got hold of some and they are a bugger to get off. cut them off
with a bench grinder in the end that worked well without damaging the poles.

Jon