Use of Mobiles in France

Old August 16th 06, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flybywire

Default Use of Mobiles in France

We used a local sim card when in NZ but when I came to get one in France it
seemed the pay as you go was time limited depending on how much you paid
with SFR .

has anyone had any success with a pay as you go sim card bought in France.
Which tel co did you use pls?

we were using the uk vodaphone sim card which made all calls 68p . This was
useful for long calls as there doesn't seem to be a time limitation both in
France or to UK.

Many thanks

Old August 17th 06, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
you knob head

I think you will find that Vodaphone have a special offer for uk chips used
in France.
The time limit is crap if you are back and forward to France. If you don't
use your allowance within the allotted time then you lose it.

fred

Old August 23rd 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr X

In article , flybywire
writes

We used a local sim card when in NZ but when I came to get one in France it
seemed the pay as you go was time limited depending on how much you paid
with SFR .

has anyone had any success with a pay as you go sim card bought in France.
Which tel co did you use pls?

I use a French PAYG on SFR

No problems and a lot cheaper.

The expiry date on the vouchers themselves is 2 years

The expiry date on the credit varies according to how much each credit
voucher represents.

10 or 20 EUR gives you 60 days credit expiry.

Not a problem as I buy the vouchers in 10 or 15 EUR amounts and enter
the credit at the beginning of my stay in France
--
Mr X

Old August 23rd 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
What

Mr X wrote:

I use a French PAYG on SFR

The expiry date on the credit varies according to how much each credit
voucher represents.

10 or 20 EUR gives you 60 days credit expiry.

I hope your right, where can I find this offer please?
SFR's website
http://www.sfr.fr/info_nouveautes/of...rte/recharger/

gives a 15 day expiry for a 10 euro recharge and 1 month for a 20 euro
recharge
Old August 23rd 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
What

I use a French PAYG on SFR

Old August 23rd 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
What

I use a French PAYG on SFR