Kia Sorento

Old August 17th 06, 05:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default Kia Sorento

I am thinking about a new (Well to me) tow car and would like to go to four
wheel drive. Has anyone have experience with the Kia Sorento, diesel
version, the VW Passat four wheel drive version or perhaps the Nissan
Xtrail. Am I right to believe Disco's reliability is still suspect?

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Jim

Old August 17th 06, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gwilym

I drive 2.2X Trail Sport 135 Dci which I normally only use on the two wheel
drive option.(only use four wheel if necessary) Have towed very successfully
with it achieving 28/29 MPG towing and 39/40 solo. Nissan was new to me but
so far I have no complaints after 21 months and 32000 miles use. Comfortable
to tow with and for me much easier to get in and out of with an arthritic
hip. Hope that helps
Gwilym

Old August 17th 06, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

"Jim" wrote in message
I am thinking about a new (Well to me) tow car and would like to go to
four wheel drive. Has anyone have experience with the Kia Sorento, diesel
version, the VW Passat four wheel drive version or perhaps the Nissan
Xtrail. Am I right to believe Disco's reliability is still suspect?

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Jim

"The Kia Sorento 2.5 CRDi XE has been awarded the title Caravan Club Towcar
of the Year 2006"

Old August 17th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 05:40:08 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

I am thinking about a new (Well to me) tow car and would like to go to four
wheel drive. Has anyone have experience with the Kia Sorento, diesel
version, the VW Passat four wheel drive version or perhaps the Nissan
Xtrail. Am I right to believe Disco's reliability is still suspect?

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Jim

I really like the look of the Sorrento and test drove one a few months
and was quite disappointed. I found the seats hard and not
particularly comfortable, the interior had a distinctly cheap look and
the engine was quite rattly. Although I wasn't looking for a sports
car I found the 0-62 in 14.? seconds rather sluggish. Other than that,
a beautiful looking car which is very economical for a 4x4 and it gets
great reviews everywhere you look.

I opted for the new model Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 weeks later, having
paid my deposit, they're now telling me I've got another 6-8 weeks
before I can expect delivery

....Ludwig