Getting under caravan

Old August 17th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Getting under caravan

Want to go underneath, I have a trolley jack, what is correct safe way?

Please reply to News Group

Old August 17th 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:19:30 GMT, "David"
wrote:

Want to go underneath, I have a trolley jack, what is correct safe way?

Only use a jack on the axle, the chassis members are not strong
enough, & use axle stands & for good measue lower the corner steadies.

Lenny
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old August 17th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

wrote:

Want to go underneath, I have a trolley jack, what is correct safe way?

You should be able to fit underneath without jacking it. I certainly
can under ours.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Don't let school interfere with your education.

Old August 17th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

David said the following on 17/08/2006 19:19:
Want to go underneath, I have a trolley jack, what is correct safe way?

Unless you are very overweight, just wind the jockey wheel up or down
depending on which end you want to get under.

Roy