thetford porta potti c2

Old August 19th 06, 05:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
colin turner

Default thetford porta potti c2

hope someone can help me as im new to caravanning and have had a few
learning curves to negotiate
i have the thetford cassette toilet c2 which has an electric flush which
will not work
i have cleaned the connections with the cassette removed but no luck
if i have the water pump switched on in the van when i press the flush the
lights dim but not if the water pump is off
the flush switch is part of the openning mechanism for the cassette but i am
not sure if there is another fuse located away from the main control panel
or if i can lift the switch out from inside the caravan and check to see if
the contacts are dirty on the switch
any help much appreciated
colin

Old August 19th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 17:30:36 GMT, "colin turner"
wrote:

hope someone can help me as im new to caravanning and have had a few
learning curves to negotiate
i have the thetford cassette toilet c2 which has an electric flush which
will not work
i have cleaned the connections with the cassette removed but no luck
if i have the water pump switched on in the van when i press the flush the
lights dim but not if the water pump is off
the flush switch is part of the openning mechanism for the cassette but i am
not sure if there is another fuse located away from the main control panel
or if i can lift the switch out from inside the caravan and check to see if
the contacts are dirty on the switch
any help much appreciated
colin

There is a fuse which you can access from just inside the door to the
cassette but since you say that the ligts dim when you press the the
flush I would have thought that this was still OK. More likely it is
simply a stuck pump impellor. If you remove the toilet roll holder (
it is just pressed into place and comes out fairly easily ) you can
get at the pump, simply turn the impellor and try again. This usually
sorts the problem out.

Bill Lord