Give him a medal

Old August 20th 06, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Default Give him a medal

mattic wrote:

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Brimstone" wrote in message

[snip]

What insult is being levelled at you?

You know perfectly well. You are calling me a European
and I have asked you not to. It doesn't matter if you
don't understand why I consider it an insult, merely
that you know I do.

So tell us why you consider it an insult.

Why does someone from Pakistan consider being called a "Paki" an insult..?
I don't know, but they do and I would never dream of insulting someone
from that country in such a way.

Erm...they don't actually, Ivor. British people of Pakistani origin may find
it insulting due to the way it is used, but here, in Australia, they are
called Pakis all the time with no problems whatsoever. Hell, even Richie
Benaud calls them Pakis during cricket commentary.

Could this have something to do with the quirks of the locale? It's a bit
like insisting that England is not part of the region known as Europe, only
to have it revealed, in an almost overwhelming and certainly unanimous
fashion, that you have been talking ****e all these years.

Can someone help me find the caravanning newsgroup?
Old August 20th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Dougal wrote:

|| Can someone help me find the caravanning newsgroup?

It's been temporarily suspended, owing to an ongoing argument in the fast
lane of the M6. Police attending, move along, nothing to see, etc.

--
Rich
==============================

Take out the obvious to email me.

Old August 20th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old August 20th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old August 20th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Richard Brookman wrote:

Dougal wrote:

|| Can someone help me find the caravanning newsgroup?

It's been temporarily suspended, owing to an ongoing argument in the fast
lane of the M6. Police attending, move along, nothing to see, etc.

That's OK then!

I wouldn't recommend holding one's breath, though.
Old August 20th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Old August 20th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal