thinking about buying a motorhome to see the country in. Advice please

Old August 22nd 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TV MAGIC

Default thinking about buying a motorhome to see the country in. Advice please

Hi , i'm kean on them idea next year of buying a compact sized motor home ,
please don't flame me , i know this group is caravaning , but i guess its
very similar , But anyhow , my budget is around 5-7000 for a 2nd user motor
home , i've seen some nice ones on ebay , i quiet like the look of the Mazda
Bongo , great name and the one i seen on ebay had all the stuff , shower
, bulit in lcd tv's for around the 5k mark , theres only me and maybe a
friend going to be using the motor home , i've looked at the very small
Romahomes , which are a realllllly cool idea and i've seen the ones as big
as a bus , but i kinda need something that has all the comforts of home ,
but is mid sized , can you guys reccomend a really good choice ? a toilet
and shower are a must.

Another thing i keep wondering about , how much water does the average
motorhome hold ? and home many showers / washing up will it enable me to do
?

Do camp sites , charge for me to use there water to fill up the motorhomes
water tanks ?

whats the best choices of food to take , is it tons of pot noodels or which
food keeps well , with out been in the fridge ? plus i guess its a good idea
to take with you as much as possible as i hear the camp site shops can be
pretty much O.T.T when it comes to prices?

Any other hints and tips?

TIA

Old August 22nd 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

TV MAGIC wrote:

|| Hi , i'm kean on them idea next year of buying a compact sized motor
|| home , please don't flame me , i know this group is caravaning , but
|| i guess its very similar , But anyhow , my budget is around 5-7000
|| for a 2nd user motor home , i've seen some nice ones on ebay , i
|| quiet like the look of the Mazda Bongo , great name and the one i
|| seen on ebay had all the stuff , shower , bulit in lcd tv's for
|| around the 5k mark , theres only me and maybe a friend going to be
|| using the motor home , i've looked at the very small Romahomes ,
|| which are a realllllly cool idea and i've seen the ones as big as a
|| bus , but i kinda need something that has all the comforts of home ,
|| but is mid sized , can you guys reccomend a really good choice ? a
|| toilet and shower are a must.
|| Another thing i keep wondering about , how much water does the
|| average motorhome hold ? and home many showers / washing up will it
|| enable me to do ?
|| Do camp sites , charge for me to use there water to fill up the
|| motorhomes water tanks ?
|| whats the best choices of food to take , is it tons of pot noodels
|| or which food keeps well , with out been in the fridge ? plus i
|| guess its a good idea to take with you as much as possible as i hear
|| the camp site shops can be pretty much O.T.T when it comes to prices?
|| Any other hints and tips?
|| TIA

Try asking on uk.rec.motorcaravans

--
Rich
==============================

Take out the obvious to email me.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old August 22nd 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old August 23rd 06, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Everyone does different and has completely different ideas on what they want
from a caravan or motorhome. There is a motorhome newsgroup where you can
chew it over with like minded people. Caravanning is different to
motorhoming.
Liz
.. .