which jack

Old August 22nd 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
homerh

Default which jack

We all hope that we will never have to change a tyre on the van but as you
can guess I have now had that pleasure.
It happened on our way into Cornwall this month on a twin wheel lunar on the
A30( not one of the better places to have to change).
Tyron bands fitted from new so I did not even know that I had a flat until
so body flashed me.
this brings me to the question which jack is the best to get for the twin
axle alko running gear etc.
Ray.

Old August 22nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:25:21 GMT, "homerh"
wrote:

We all hope that we will never have to change a tyre on the van but as you
can guess I have now had that pleasure.
It happened on our way into Cornwall this month on a twin wheel lunar on the
A30( not one of the better places to have to change).
Tyron bands fitted from new so I did not even know that I had a flat until
so body flashed me.
this brings me to the question which jack is the best to get for the twin
axle alko running gear etc.
Ray.

For my single axle van I always carry a 2 ton trolly jack should work
just as well on a twin axle.

Lenny
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old August 23rd 06, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:25:21 GMT, "homerh" wrote:

|We all hope that we will never have to change a tyre on the van but as you
|can guess I have now had that pleasure.
|It happened on our way into Cornwall this month on a twin wheel lunar on the
|A30( not one of the better places to have to change).
|Tyron bands fitted from new so I did not even know that I had a flat until
|so body flashed me.

With twin wheels and tyron bands, and a single puncture, you should have
been able to continue to the next garage which could use an industrial
jack.

|this brings me to the question which jack is the best to get for the twin
|axle alko running gear etc.

I bought the ALKO jack for my small single axle van, which works fine. The
scissors jack I got with the van was useless. You *must* test any jack on
the drive before being forced to use it in anger.
Old August 23rd 06, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 23rd 06, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 23rd 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
homerh

unsure if going on to a garage would be wise as the remaining tyre would be
taking all the load and would being getting way past its operating
temperature( when I felt it is was really hot more than the other side of
the caravan).
I had a spare with me so changed the tyre there and then.
I used some levelling blocks to raise the punctured tyre off the ground and
steadied the van by using the legs only just touching the road(all
sides).All worked well but would like it much more with a jack. Lets hope I
never have to do it again..

Old August 23rd 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
homerh

Old August 23rd 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
homerh