Bits in the water

Old August 25th 06, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick Dawkins

Default Bits in the water

Hi,

I've got a caravan with a Carver2 water heater. The caravan has
sat a while and there are tiny black rubber bits in the water (both
hot a cold) from the taps. Can someone give me an idea where
these come from and what I need to replace to fix it. I presume there
is a persished seal somewhere in the system!

Thanks.

Old August 25th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:59:18 GMT, "Nick Dawkins"
wrote:

|Hi,
|
|I've got a caravan with a Carver2 water heater. The caravan has
|sat a while and there are tiny black rubber bits in the water (both
|hot a cold) from the taps. Can someone give me an idea where
|these come from and what I need to replace to fix it. I presume there
|is a persished seal somewhere in the system!

Probably algae. If algae squash the bits between your fingers and they
will be soft and disappear to nothing. If rubber they will be hard.

Get rid of algae with Puriclean http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=831
from your local caravan place. After treatment wash the system out
**WELL** or it will taste the water
Old August 25th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 25th 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 26th 06, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Al Gorithm

Nick Dawkins wrote:
Hi,

I've got a caravan with a Carver2 water heater. The caravan has
sat a while and there are tiny black rubber bits in the water (both
hot a cold) from the taps. Can someone give me an idea where
these come from and what I need to replace to fix it. I presume there
is a persished seal somewhere in the system!

Thanks.

It could also be bits of carbon out of the carbon filter, on our van its
built in where the pump hose enters the van , I think you are supposed
to change it every year , but I havent and now I think its falling to
bits. The filter is clear plastic and unscrews.

Al G

Old August 30th 06, 01:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:03:02 +0100, Al Gorithm
wrote:

Nick Dawkins wrote:
Hi,

I've got a caravan with a Carver2 water heater. The caravan has
sat a while and there are tiny black rubber bits in the water (both
hot a cold) from the taps. Can someone give me an idea where
these come from and what I need to replace to fix it. I presume there
is a persished seal somewhere in the system!

Thanks.

It could also be bits of carbon out of the carbon filter, on our van its
built in where the pump hose enters the van , I think you are supposed
to change it every year , but I havent and now I think its falling to
bits. The filter is clear plastic and unscrews.

Al G

I would agree it's more likely to be carbon bits from the filter -
assuming you have one that is.

My wife's B in Law had a similar symptom in his 'van and didn't know
what it was. I suggested he remove the filter. As he did, bits were
dropping out in his hands. After running water through the system
with no filter in place, the bits disappeared.

Neil