Island Beds

Old August 25th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default Island Beds

Are there any caravans other than the Bailey Senator Virginia that have an
"island" double fixed bed configuration?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old August 25th 06, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Budgie" wrote in
:

Are there any caravans other than the Bailey Senator Virginia that
have an "island" double fixed bed configuration?

From a ten-minute, cursory look at the manufacturer's web-sites:

Bailey Senator Louisiana
Lunar Lexon 640
Sterling Elite Explorer
Swift Conqueror 645
Bessacarr Cameo 645GL
Ace Supreme Globestar
Abbey Spectrum 535
Avondale Land-Ranger 6400EB-L and EB-S

I'm sure there are more.

HTH,

--
Geoff

Old August 26th 06, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"Budgie" wrote in
:

Are there any caravans other than the Bailey Senator Virginia that
have an "island" double fixed bed configuration?

From a ten-minute, cursory look at the manufacturer's web-sites:

Bailey Senator Louisiana
Lunar Lexon 640
Sterling Elite Explorer
Swift Conqueror 645
Bessacarr Cameo 645GL
Ace Supreme Globestar
Abbey Spectrum 535
Avondale Land-Ranger 6400EB-L and EB-S

Yes, thanks for doing the homework. Unfortunately, I omitted the magic words
"single-axle" from my post. I believe the Virginia is claimed to be the only
UK single-axle island-bed configuration. I wondered if there were any
"foreign" makes.

I park the 'van in the back garden, involving a 90-degree uphill turn on
grass. A twin-axle would dig itself a trench!

Apologies for being unclear.

Old August 26th 06, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Budgie" wrote in
news
Yes, thanks for doing the homework. Unfortunately, I omitted the magic
words "single-axle" from my post. I believe the Virginia is claimed to
be the only UK single-axle island-bed configuration. I wondered if
there were any "foreign" makes.

I park the 'van in the back garden, involving a 90-degree uphill turn
on grass. A twin-axle would dig itself a trench!

Apologies for being unclear.

A quick check on the web gives three from the Burstner C Class: C 490 TS, C
535 TS, and C 690 TS.

You can see some details by going to http://www.burstner.com/ then
selecting Grossbritanien from the country list, then selecting C Class.

I couldn't find MIRO or MTPLM figures on Burstner's English pages, but the
535 and 690 look to be the same 'vans as the equivalents from the Belcanto
range. You can find these figures by closing your browser, then going back
to the Burstner site, leave the country as Deutchland, click Caravans, then
Belcanto.

HTH,

--
Geoff