Mondeo TDCi

Old August 27th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Mondeo TDCi

I've been looking at Mondeos today, interesting and I might be
tempted. But there are two 2litre TDCi engines, one that produces
115bhp and one that produces 128bhp. The one I could afford at the
moment is the 115, does anybody tow with one, if so how do you find it
please.
Bill Lord

Old August 28th 06, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

The one with 128 bhp is a very good version which will satisfy you much more
than the 115 bhp. It has more torque which is what we caravanners always
find we need more than high power at high revs as in petrol/LPG powered
vehicles. If you find the way to afford the 128 bhp then go for it, you will
not be dissapointed.

All the best, Peter.

Old August 28th 06, 06:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

bill lord came up with the following;:
I've been looking at Mondeos today, interesting and I might be
tempted. But there are two 2litre TDCi engines, one that produces
115bhp and one that produces 128bhp. The one I could afford at the
moment is the 115, does anybody tow with one, if so how do you find it
please.

As peter said, 115 to 130 is a much bigger difference in real life than the
numbers look like on paper. It makes sense to spend the extra, if possible.

Having said that, the 115 is still a good tow car, though it does need to be
revved a little more and loses out on fuel consumption as a result.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old August 28th 06, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 01:29:43 +0100, "Peter K L Milnes"
wrote:

The one with 128 bhp is a very good version which will satisfy you much more
than the 115 bhp. It has more torque which is what we caravanners always
find we need more than high power at high revs as in petrol/LPG powered
vehicles. If you find the way to afford the 128 bhp then go for it, you will
not be dissapointed.

This was what I thought but I was looking for actual instances of
someone towing with the 115. Buying from Ford Direct at about 12
months old it's difficult to find a 128 engined vehicle and I have a
fixed upper limit to what I can afford. It would depend upon some
salesman finding me a car that they could afford to sell me at my
maximum spend plus the car I already have, which would mean that they
were giving me an excelent trade in price.

Bill Lord