Gas pressure Mbar?

Old August 28th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default Gas pressure Mbar?

My Abbey runs of a Truma regulator running at 30 mbar for both propane and
butane gas.

These regulators are failing in large numbers.

A post here came up with the rather good idea of using an old propane reg
and feeding the supply in via the BBQ location post regulator.

I not that the propane regulator runs at 16 mbar the butane at 28 and the
camping gas regulator at 28 also.

Do I take it that 28 is not to far away but propane at 16 would not be safe
on a caravan jetted for 30?

Any advice would be helpful.

Peter.

Old August 28th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"Peter" wrote in message
My Abbey runs of a Truma regulator running at 30 mbar for both propane and
butane gas.

These regulators are failing in large numbers.

A post here came up with the rather good idea of using an old propane reg
and feeding the supply in via the BBQ location post regulator.

I not that the propane regulator runs at 16 mbar the butane at 28 and the
camping gas regulator at 28 also.

Do I take it that 28 is not to far away but propane at 16 would not be
safe on a caravan jetted for 30?

Any advice would be helpful.

For several years 'foreign' vans which were designed to run at 30MBar, once
they arrived in the UK, were ran at the higher UK propane pressure (or lower
butane pressure).

AIUI in Europe most bottled gas is a mixture of propane and butane. The
energy released by burning this mixture through a jet at 30 Mbar is pretty
much the same as pure butane at 28Mbar or pure propane at 35(?)Mbar.

My Hymer's been running for five years with a UK propane regulator and no
probs.

Rgds

Andy R

Old August 28th 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

"Andy_R" wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for that as far as it goes but 16mbar for propane? Would it require
re jetting or is it safe in a squeeze to run sat hob only?

Peter

Old August 28th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Peter wrote:

Thanks for that as far as it goes but 16mbar for propane? Would it require
re jetting or is it safe in a squeeze to run sat hob only?

Peter

From where has this 16 mbar come?
Old August 28th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Peter wrote:

Thanks for that as far as it goes but 16mbar for propane? Would it require
re jetting or is it safe in a squeeze to run sat hob only?

Peter

From where has this 16 mbar come?
Old August 28th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Peter wrote:

Thanks for that as far as it goes but 16mbar for propane? Would it require
re jetting or is it safe in a squeeze to run sat hob only?

Peter

From where has this 16 mbar come?