Fiat 2.8 JTD Question...

Old August 29th 06, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.caravanning
Mr X

Default Fiat 2.8 JTD Question...

Hi Guys

What will happen upon reconnection if you disconnect the battery on a
2004 Fiat 2.8JTD diesel van (to do some MIG welding)?

Will it work normally again? Or will the engine mgt system request
emergency codes?

Cheers!
--
Mr X
Old August 29th 06, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.caravanning
Andy_R

"Mr X" wrote in message
Hi Guys

What will happen upon reconnection if you disconnect the battery on a
2004 Fiat 2.8JTD diesel van (to do some MIG welding)?

Will it work normally again? Or will the engine mgt system request
emergency codes?

I've replaced the battery on mine with no probs.

Rgds

Andy R

Old August 29th 06, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.caravanning
Mr X

In article , Andy_R
writes

"Mr X" wrote in message
Hi Guys

What will happen upon reconnection if you disconnect the battery on a
2004 Fiat 2.8JTD diesel van (to do some MIG welding)?

Will it work normally again? Or will the engine mgt system request
emergency codes?

I've replaced the battery on mine with no probs.

Rgds

Andy R

Thank you!

I was just wondering (and hoping), as the manual says I have to go to a
Fiat dealer for emergency codes....
--
Mr X

Old August 29th 06, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew Morton

What will happen upon reconnection if you disconnect the battery on
a 2004 Fiat 2.8JTD diesel van (to do some MIG welding)?

Will it work normally again? Or will the engine mgt system request
emergency codes?

I've replaced the battery on mine with no probs.

I was just wondering (and hoping), as the manual says I have to go to
a Fiat dealer for emergency codes....

Can you do the welding in the time it would take you to change the battery?
'Cos, I'm thinking it might be OK disconnected for a /little/ while, but not
quite as long as three seconds less than it takes to do the welding.

Andrew