BP Gas Light Cylinders

Old August 29th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mike

Default BP Gas Light Cylinders

I will be shortly collecting my new Quasar 524 and will need to buy a gas
cylinder for it. Sizewise would a 10Kg bottle serve my purpose okay, and would
you advise I go with the BP Gas Light in preference to the normal Calor from the
outset. I am trying to save some weight as I am a little over the 85% suggested
safety margins, though I will be bringing this down by restricting the amount I
load the van.
Are these new BP Gas Light cylinders easily available whilst on the road. CC
sites and such.

Cheers

Mike
Old August 30th 06, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"mike" wrote in message
I will be shortly collecting my new Quasar 524 and will need to buy a gas
cylinder for it. Sizewise would a 10Kg bottle serve my purpose okay, and
would
you advise I go with the BP Gas Light in preference to the normal Calor
from the
outset. I am trying to save some weight as I am a little over the 85%
suggested
safety margins, though I will be bringing this down by restricting the
amount I
load the van.
Are these new BP Gas Light cylinders easily available whilst on the road.
CC
sites and such.

Remember you need a second full one when the one in use runs out and you
can't find a stockist for a refill.

I use Flogas but need two just for this reason.
Also beware of price, even with Calor, dealers charge what they like.
I pay 10-50 for Flogas Propane 6kg locally, if I manage to find one in
stock when away they charge 13 to 15.

Please reply to News Group