Query about messages on this ng

Old September 17th 03, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Default Query about messages on this ng

We went off to Sussex on Thursday last, 11 September.

We returned today, Wednesday 17 September.

There are no messages between 10 and 17 September.

I'm puzzled, I can't believe that no-one had anything to say while I was
gone ...

Mary

Old September 17th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeB

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
We went off to Sussex on Thursday last, 11 September.
We returned today, Wednesday 17 September.
There are no messages between 10 and 17 September.
I'm puzzled, I can't believe that no-one had anything to say while I was
gone ...

Mary

No, your computer has become selective and has only downloaded messages that
have something WORTH saying!

Mike

Old September 17th 03, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:39:24 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

We went off to Sussex on Thursday last, 11 September.

We returned today, Wednesday 17 September.

There are no messages between 10 and 17 September.

I'm puzzled, I can't believe that no-one had anything to say while I was
gone ...

There were hundreds, literally.

this suggests that either your ISP has not retained them, or there is
a fault in your news client.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Programming is an art form that fights back.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom
Old September 17th 03, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stuart Robinson

There were hundreds, literally.

Agreed, I saw 538 between the start of the 11th and the end of the 16th.

Stuart.
Old September 18th 03, 07:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| We went off to Sussex on Thursday last, 11 September.
|
| We returned today, Wednesday 17 September.
|
| There are no messages between 10 and 17 September.
|
| I'm puzzled, I can't believe that no-one had anything to say while I was
| gone ...

Posts were coming through OK for me.

Move to www.news.individual.net Berlin Free University.
IMO best newsserver of the bunch. 80,000 ngs
Read the AUP they are a bit prissy about what they will let you do.

Dave F

Old September 18th 03, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

You could have a look on 'Google Groups' to catch up Mary

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...fe=off&group=u
k.rec.caravanning

(May have to cut and paste URL)

Barleycorn.

Old September 18th 03, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

Move to www.news.individual.net Berlin Free University.
IMO best newsserver of the bunch.

Yes I use them, but even they had problems last night.

Please reply to News Group.

Old September 18th 03, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

We went off to Sussex on Thursday last, 11 September.

We returned today, Wednesday 17 September.

There are no messages between 10 and 17 September.

I'm puzzled, I can't believe that no-one had anything to say while I was
gone ...

Including the 10th and the 17th my machine counted 494 messages that I
have downloaded, I have been pleased to notice that there have not
been many messages filtered out by my killfile and do not read
filters.

(remove the spam to reply)
Old September 18th 03, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

We went off to Sussex on Thursday last, 11 September.
We returned today, Wednesday 17 September.
There are no messages between 10 and 17 September.
I'm puzzled, I can't believe that no-one had anything to say while I was
gone ...

Mary

No, your computer has become selective and has only downloaded messages

that
have something WORTH saying!

I did wonder ...

Mary

Mike

Old September 18th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

wrote:

We went off to Sussex on Thursday last, 11 September.

We returned today, Wednesday 17 September.

There are no messages between 10 and 17 September.

I'm puzzled, I can't believe that no-one had anything to say while I was
gone ...

There were hundreds, literally.

this suggests that either your ISP has not retained them, or there is
a fault in your news client.

I subscribe to about eighteen ngs and this was the only one which didn't
show them.

Interestingly, there were three dated 11 September from Bill Lord in the You
Too ... Holiday thread.

Mary