'Doggers'

Old September 21st 03, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

Default 'Doggers'

Always thought that I was broad minded, but was amazed to read in the
'Mail', (may have been an old one, as it was in the barbers waiting for my
son to have his haircut), yesterday about 'doggers', who are exhibitionists
who 'perform' in their cars with the interior lights on, and encourage
perverts to watch them, by announcing where they will be on internet
chatrooms. Unfortunately these 'people' choose to do this in out in the
countryside, in beauty spot car parks and by the coast, in exactly the same
spots that we had intended to use for a bit of wild camping, now that we
have bought a decent little VW camper. After reading about this I will be
very careful about where to camp, but I think that it is a terrible shame if
all the best places are taken up with this sort of thing. I know a lot of
people like to be on campsites, but we really wanted the freedom that a
little camper would give us. Tried to find the article, but the Daily Mail
has such a crap website that it has no archives.

Barleycorn.

Old September 21st 03, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"Barleycorn" wrote:

Always thought that I was broad minded, but was amazed to read in the
'Mail', (may have been an old one, as it was in the barbers waiting for my
son to have his haircut), yesterday about 'doggers', who are exhibitionists
who 'perform' in their cars with the interior lights on, and encourage
perverts to watch them, by announcing where they will be on internet
chatrooms. Unfortunately these 'people' choose to do this in out in the
countryside, in beauty spot car parks and by the coast, in exactly the same
spots that we had intended to use for a bit of wild camping, now that we
have bought a decent little VW camper.

Now that's what I call **WILD** camping!!!!

;-)

If you believe anything that is written in
the Mail, you are a seriously sad person.

Old September 21st 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Barleycorn wrote in message
[...]

You'll soon recognise if you hit a site, cars drive in, stay for a minute or
two then drive out if there is nothing going on. It's not uncommon to see
the same car several times. I hunt rabbits at night-time with lurchers
where queers meet and other things such as dogging goes on. They leave me
alone and I leave them alone, but I have seen how it all works.

Personally I think they should all be put up against a wall and shot, but
then I haven't succumbed to the political correctness brainwashing.

Bill

Old September 21st 03, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sam Tana

Barleycorn wrote:
Unfortunately these 'people' choose to do this in out in the
countryside, in beauty spot car parks and by the coast, in exactly the same
spots that we had intended to use for a bit of wild camping

Which is why so many countryside/seaside car parks are now being locked
up for the night - keeps the freaks out, but also means that those who
have a more legitimate use for them also lose out.

Sam

Old September 23rd 03, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Michael Haselhof" wrote in message
I saw that in Saturdays SUN, what is the world coming to??!! Its gone to

the
dogs!

You're right, what is the world coming to when people take what they read in
the Sun as gospel?

Rgds

Andy R

Old September 23rd 03, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
Always thought that I was broad minded, but was amazed to read in the
'Mail', (may have been an old one, as it was in the barbers waiting for my
son to have his haircut)

While you waited for the blue rinse to take.

, yesterday about 'doggers', who are exhibitionists
who 'perform' in their cars with the interior lights on, and encourage
perverts to watch them, by announcing where they will be on internet
chatrooms. Unfortunately these 'people' choose to do this in out in the
countryside, in beauty spot car parks and by the coast

Quite decent of them really to keep it away from towns and built up areas.

, in exactly the same
spots that we had intended to use for a bit of wild camping, now that we
have bought a decent little VW camper.

I'm sure there's enough room on this island for some people to have a bit of
free yet illegal sex while you have a bit of free yet illegal camping.

After reading about this I will be
very careful about where to camp, but I think that it is a terrible shame

if
all the best places are taken up with this sort of thing.

I think it unlikely that "all" the "best" places will be taken up with this
sort of thing. I can't imagine the average dogger choosing a site because
of its stunning views or local wildlife and I can't imagine it becoming such
a popular passtime that there are no car parks left where your sensibilities
will remain undamaged.

I know a lot of
people like to be on campsites, but we really wanted the freedom that a
little camper would give us. Tried to find the article, but the Daily Mail
has such a crap website that it has no archives.

You take news stories too seriously. I find it amazing that a story in a
paper that's published for no other reason than to shock middle aged, middle
class, curtain twitching white women should affect you so badly.

Rgds

Andy R

Old September 23rd 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barleycorn

How did you know that I was a middle aged, middle
class, white women with a blue rinse!!!

Barleycorn.

Old September 23rd 03, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Barleycorn" wrote in message
How did you know that I was a middle aged, middle
class, white women with a blue rinse!!!

Barleycorn.

No idea who you're talking to because I only saw your post in this thread.

But, sticking my oar in, it's many years since I saw a blue rinse. Most
young people seem to go for purple, red, orange or green.

Mary

Old September 23rd 03, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:22:51 +0100, "Andy R" wrote:

, in exactly the same
spots that we had intended to use for a bit of wild camping, now that we
have bought a decent little VW camper.

I'm sure there's enough room on this island for some people to have a bit of
free yet illegal sex while you have a bit of free yet illegal camping.

It is not at all clear with current laws, whether dogging is actually
illegal. It certainly will not be under the new proposed law (The
Sexual Offences Bill, currently in Parliament).

And most of the places it goes on are car parks with height
restrictions, so Barleycorn would not be able to get their campervan
in anyhow, unless it is *very* small.

--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Help! I'm lost somewhere in the Generation Gap.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom