BP light gas cylinders

Old December 5th 06, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

Default BP light gas cylinders

Has anyone any experience of these?
I have just bought a caravan and need gas bottles. In the past I have
used calor propane and had problems with keeping the nose weight down
to 75Kg with two bottles in the front locker. I don't know the weight
of the steel bottles but I see from their adverts that the 5Kg BP
bottles weigh a total of 9.5Kg. They also have the advantage of being
able to see the gas level.
Apart from the shortage of outlets for them, does anyone know of any
other drawbacks?
Old December 5th 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Remus

"Artleknock" wrote in message ...
Has anyone any experience of these?
I have just bought a caravan and need gas bottles. In the past I have
used calor propane and had problems with keeping the nose weight down
to 75Kg with two bottles in the front locker. I don't know the weight
of the steel bottles but I see from their adverts that the 5Kg BP
bottles weigh a total of 9.5Kg. They also have the advantage of being
able to see the gas level.
Apart from the shortage of outlets for them, does anyone know of any
other drawbacks?

I saw these new bottles at the Excel caravan show a few weeks ago. I had a chance to compare them weight for weight (both full and empty) with the nearest equivalent in Calor bottles. I was impressed and, in the new year, I intend to get rid of the current two 7kg Calor bottles that I carry and replace them with two 5kg BP ones. Over all this will save apporoximately the weight of one 7kg Calor bottle. Outlets are still a bit thin on the ground but they are on the increase. More details are here (unfortunately the 'Bottle Outlet Finder' page doesn't seem to accept mouse clicks - maybe they'll fix it sometime). http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarti...n tId=7002732

Old December 5th 06, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:01:25 GMT, Artleknock
wrote:

Has anyone any experience of these?
I have just bought a caravan and need gas bottles. In the past I have
used calor propane and had problems with keeping the nose weight down
to 75Kg with two bottles in the front locker. I don't know the weight
of the steel bottles but I see from their adverts that the 5Kg BP
bottles weigh a total of 9.5Kg. They also have the advantage of being
able to see the gas level.
Apart from the shortage of outlets for them, does anyone know of any
other drawbacks?

no names NO PACK DRILL.

but

MY DEALER TELLS ME THAT CALOR HAVE TOLD HIM THAT IF HE STOCKS THE NEW
BP LIGHT GAS BOTTLE THEY WILL WITHDRAW SUPPLY OF CALOR TO HIM.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FORCE MASURE TO ME?
Old December 5th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

"Peter" wrote in message
no names NO PACK DRILL.

but

MY DEALER TELLS ME THAT CALOR HAVE TOLD HIM THAT IF HE STOCKS THE NEW
BP LIGHT GAS BOTTLE THEY WILL WITHDRAW SUPPLY OF CALOR TO HIM.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE FORCE MASURE TO ME?

Then he should stock BP and Tell Calor where to stuff their gas
.................................................. .............se where it
comes from

Old December 5th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:08:50 -0000, "Remus" wrote:

[...]

According to that web site, my local caravan dealer does them, so that
shouldn't be a problem. I also have two Gaz 907's in the garage so
they can be used on the continent.
Old December 6th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Artleknock brought next idea :
Has anyone any experience of these?
I have just bought a caravan and need gas bottles. In the past I have
used calor propane and had problems with keeping the nose weight down
to 75Kg with two bottles in the front locker. I don't know the weight
of the steel bottles but I see from their adverts that the 5Kg BP
bottles weigh a total of 9.5Kg. They also have the advantage of being
able to see the gas level.
Apart from the shortage of outlets for them, does anyone know of any
other drawbacks?

Check the diameter, they are a little wider than Calor. I was not able
to actually get them into my locker through the door due to their
width.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old December 6th 06, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
keith stone

"Harry Bloomfield" schreef in bericht
Artleknock brought next idea :
Has anyone any experience of these?
I have just bought a caravan and need gas bottles. In the past I have
used calor propane and had problems with keeping the nose weight down
to 75Kg with two bottles in the front locker. I don't know the weight
of the steel bottles but I see from their adverts that the 5Kg BP
bottles weigh a total of 9.5Kg. They also have the advantage of being
able to see the gas level.
Apart from the shortage of outlets for them, does anyone know of any
other drawbacks?

Check the diameter, they are a little wider than Calor. I was not able to
actually get them into my locker through the door due to their width.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Does anyone know of any other drawbacks?

Yes, the price.

A year or two ago I saw a calculation that showed there is no financial
benefit to be gained from these cylinders. So the only saving will be in the
energy required to lift the cylinder. Not much of a saving except for the
physically restricted. As for the 'see-through part', there are simple
methods of checking the contents of a steel cylinder.

Keith

http://members.home.nl/km.stone/