Re BP gas cylinders

Old December 14th 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

Default Re BP gas cylinders

I have just purchased one of these for my new van (new to me), the 5Kg
is a lot lighter than the small Calor cylinder, and it goes into the
gas locker OK. BUT!!! the webbing strap is about an inch too short to
tie it in properly. Is there an easy way out of this? I only have 25mm
wide webbing and the vans is 20mm.
Old December 14th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Artleknock said the following on 14/12/2006 17:07:
I have just purchased one of these for my new van (new to me), the 5Kg
is a lot lighter than the small Calor cylinder, and it goes into the
gas locker OK. BUT!!! the webbing strap is about an inch too short to
tie it in properly. Is there an easy way out of this? I only have 25mm
wide webbing and the vans is 20mm.

An old belt ,'knicker' elastic, rope, bungee straps - it's not to take
the full weight of the bottle, just to keep it upright and in position.

Roy
Old December 14th 06, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:11:16 +0000, Roy wrote:

Artleknock said the following on 14/12/2006 17:07:
I have just purchased one of these for my new van (new to me), the 5Kg
is a lot lighter than the small Calor cylinder, and it goes into the
gas locker OK. BUT!!! the webbing strap is about an inch too short to
tie it in properly. Is there an easy way out of this? I only have 25mm
wide webbing and the vans is 20mm.

An old belt ,'knicker' elastic, rope, bungee straps - it's not to take
the full weight of the bottle, just to keep it upright and in position.

Roy

Boy!!!
I wish that I was as smart as you.
The strap runs through a plastic fitting with a curved face that the
bottle sits against. There are no loops, holes, catches, grommets or
any other fittings that a piece of string or knicker elastic could be
threaded through.
There has to be a source of 20mm webbing with a good catch/buckle that
is available somewhere.
Old December 14th 06, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Artleknock said the following on 14/12/2006 19:24:
[...]

Ah --- !
If the plastic fitting is screwed to the bulkhead - remove / loosen
and pass the wider webbing behind and re fix

Roy
Old December 14th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

[...]

As an afterthought, try nylon parcel strapping tape and use the old
buckle. Should be easy to find a long enough length by looking in a skip
at a retail park or builders merchant.

Roy
Old December 19th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

"Artleknock" wrote in message
[...]

20mm webbing: http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk/accessories.asp?sid=17
45p/metre

FSL Buckle: http://www.pennineoutdoor.co.uk/accessories.asp?sid=16
20p each

No connection to website.

Ian B

Please reply to Newsgroup - Antispam applied

Avoid paying premium phone rates -
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php