Wider Caravan problems

Old December 17th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default Wider Caravan problems

Just picked up the Caravan from the dealer who has after two years
sorted out a tripping problem on the consumer unit. seems it was just
set too fine and had to be changed for a new one.

On getting it home and cleaning it again to put the cover on for the
winter I noticed that the drip rail above the door was missing the
foam strips I put on to stop the cover rubbing on the strip were
missing. I then assumed I must have been a little too close to a
hedge.

On then looking at the front roof by the drainage strip I saw two
small dents in the sheeting. I have been through a hedge for certain.

Now I have towed a caravan for some 30 years without ever denting the
caravan in any way and pride myself that I can put it within a few
inches of any hedge without having a problem in the past.

So why have I broken my duck so to speak. I can only assume that these
new wider caravans are indeed wider and I am going to have become a
little more careful in future.

Peter.