Further on chafing gel

Old December 28th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Further on chafing gel

I trusted Neil and used liquid meths in the two burners..

The stone became hot enough to cook everything we tried. I'm very pleased
:-)

It seems that it's important to light the burners at least half an hour
before trying to cook to allow the stone to get hot enough.

Of course - you might say! But I'm impatient :-)

Mary

Old December 28th 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

Mary Fisher wrote:
I trusted Neil and used liquid meths in the two burners..

The stone became hot enough to cook everything we tried. I'm very
pleased :-)

It seems that it's important to light the burners at least half an
hour before trying to cook to allow the stone to get hot enough.

Of course - you might say! But I'm impatient :-)

We went to Lidl & Aldi yesterday and I'm certain I saw chaffing gel in one
of them. I thought at the time that someone from UK DIY was looking for
it - it was you!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Old December 28th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y
HLAH

"Mary Fisher" wrote

It seems that it's important to light the burners at least half an hour
before trying to cook to allow the stone to get hot enough.

I thought you were supposed to preheat the stone in the oven and then keep
it hot with the burners?

Must go and find our impulse purchased one from two years ago and actually
try it. Any tips on what cooks well?

Old December 28th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
.uk...
Mary Fisher wrote:
I trusted Neil and used liquid meths in the two burners..

The stone became hot enough to cook everything we tried. I'm very
pleased :-)

It seems that it's important to light the burners at least half an
hour before trying to cook to allow the stone to get hot enough.

Of course - you might say! But I'm impatient :-)

We went to Lidl & Aldi yesterday and I'm certain I saw chaffing gel in one
of them. I thought at the time that someone from UK DIY was looking for
it - it was you!

None was supplied with the thing and we contacted Head Office and was told
that it wasn't stocked there. Bit silly but it doesn't matter, we're happy
now. Spouse went to local hardware shop and came back with a gallon of
meths!

He does look a little like a meths drinker ... :-)

Mary

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman