Times are changing

« - | - »

Old December 28th 06, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Default Times are changing

Just done some 70 miles on the M5 south from Bristol. Passed more cars
towing caravans and motorhomes on both carriageways than we usually see in
summer. Has caravanning (at sites) become more popular at Xmas or are more
using the van as an "on the drive" spare bedroom with family? What do you
think ?

Mike

Old December 28th 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Mike wrote:

Just done some 70 miles on the M5 south from Bristol. Passed more cars
towing caravans and motorhomes on both carriageways than we usually
see in summer. Has caravanning (at sites) become more popular at Xmas
or are more using the van as an "on the drive" spare bedroom with
family? What do you think ?

Mike

I suspect that quite a lot of people are going to caravan sites during the
Christmas holiday. Of late, a number of CC sites have been staying open
until the new year - so there must presumably be a demand.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old December 28th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Caretaker

Mike wrote:
Just done some 70 miles on the M5 south from Bristol. Passed more cars
towing caravans and motorhomes on both carriageways than we usually see in
summer. Has caravanning (at sites) become more popular at Xmas or are more
using the van as an "on the drive" spare bedroom with family? What do you
think ?

We leave tomorrow night for four nights away in the caravan.

--
The Caretaker ........
Old December 29th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Zozzer

"Mike" wrote in message
Just done some 70 miles on the M5 south from Bristol. Passed more cars
towing caravans and motorhomes on both carriageways than we usually see in
summer. Has caravanning (at sites) become more popular at Xmas or are more
using the van as an "on the drive" spare bedroom with family? What do you
think ?

Mike

I don't think it's just Xmas, an increasing number of people are touring
365 days a year, especially those with motorhomes.

We travelled 300 miles form the Northwest to have a wonderfull week
in Dorset in November. No traffic jams, easy carparking in every town
and village. The site wasn't crowded, no screeming children, and when
you close the curtains at night, you cant tell what season it is outside

Get the New Year out of the way and it's back on the road again.

--
Zozzer

Old December 29th 06, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
oli

sign of global warming if ever i saw one

Old December 29th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Zozzer

"oli" wrote in message
ups.com...
sign of global warming if ever i saw one

Now that IS funny

--
Zozzer

Old December 29th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pete

Mike wrote:
Just done some 70 miles on the M5 south from Bristol. Passed more cars
towing caravans and motorhomes on both carriageways than we usually see in
summer. Has caravanning (at sites) become more popular at Xmas or are more
using the van as an "on the drive" spare bedroom with family? What do you
think ?

Mike. We`ve just got back from Grassington, very nice. CC site there fully booked up. Pete

Old December 29th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"pete" wrote in message
ps.com...

Mike wrote:
Just done some 70 miles on the M5 south from Bristol. Passed more cars
towing caravans and motorhomes on both carriageways than we usually see in
summer. Has caravanning (at sites) become more popular at Xmas or are more
using the van as an "on the drive" spare bedroom with family? What do you
think ?

Mike.
We`ve just got back from Grassington, very nice. CC site there fully booked up.
Pete

Try New House Farm Kirby Lonsdale

That seemed to have a few spaces when we passed this afternoon

A good site to boot !!

AND a pub nearby

We've spent a few Christmas's and New year's there and ALWAYS had a good time

DieSea

« - | - »