Austria by the sea?

Old December 29th 06, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Robert

Default Austria by the sea?

Along the Mediterranean sea --- are there any quiet, clean places where
a campervan might stay, in or out of a campground, for a few months
during the winter?

For instance --- I really enjoyed the nice little towns in Austria.
Everything was clean and well-maintained, and the people seemed happier
than most. I also liked Switzerland, and appreciated the order and
tolerance there.

However, now it is winter, and those places are too cold. I am
presently stopped on the south coast of France, near Nice. The weather
is all right, but the place, in general, is far too busy and built-up
for me. Here, it is also very difficult to drive my van anywhere,
considering the traffic, difficult access, theft problems, etc. I can
use the public transportation here, but that is more difficult and
time-consuming than just using my van.

So I ask --- do you know of a nice place by the sea that has some
beauty and serenity, also where I can park my van for awhile without
wondering about theft? I do not mean that it has to be perfect, but
simply a decent, quiet place with fairly trustworthy people, and
without hordes of tourists.

I would also like to be near (within 20 km) of a nice small town for
supplies and for variety.

I am willing to drive anywhere around the Mediterranean sea. My best
guess, so far, is that I might find this in Greece. However, before I
set forth, I wonder what some more experienced person might think.

Robert

Old December 29th 06, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Robert" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

You might try here
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/campi...ille_ferme.htm I understand it
is open all year. There is a supermarket within walking distance. It is not
on the sea but it is about 15 minutes away on foot, unfortunately there is a
railway between the campsite and the beach. The station at Biot is a 10
minute walk away and you can access all along that section of the coast by
train.

David
Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk