Nissan X-Trail as a tow car?

« - | - »

Old January 1st 07, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Furry Fred

Default Nissan X-Trail as a tow car?

Can anyone comment on the latest Nissan X-trail as a towcar. I am due to
exchange my car in 7 months time (Motability lease)and this one seems to
have the pulling power and weight capacity I need for my Hobby 540
--
Furry Fred - .. a very, very handsome, polite and generous gentleman,
who is extremely talented in so many fields and, oh, so modest

Old January 1st 07, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
Can anyone comment on the latest Nissan X-trail as a towcar. I am due to
exchange my car in 7 months time (Motability lease)and this one seems to
have the pulling power and weight capacity I need for my Hobby 540
--
Furry Fred - .. a very, very handsome, polite and generous gentleman, who
is extremely talented in so many fields and, oh, so modest

Which model of Hobby 540 do you have?

Cheers

Old January 2nd 07, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TTT

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
Can anyone comment on the latest Nissan X-trail as a towcar. I am due to
exchange my car in 7 months time (Motability lease)and this one seems to
have the pulling power and weight capacity I need for my Hobby 540
--
Furry Fred - .. a very, very handsome, polite and generous gentleman, who
is extremely talented in so many fields and, oh, so modest

I'd been thinking of one too, but starting to see lots of problems reported
with the diesel.

Check the 'car by car breakdown' on www.honestjohn.co.uk

Old January 2nd 07, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T.R.

"TTT" wrote in message

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
Can anyone comment on the latest Nissan X-trail as a towcar. I am due to
exchange my car in 7 months time (Motability lease)and this one seems to
have the pulling power and weight capacity I need for my Hobby 540
--
Furry Fred - .. a very, very handsome, polite and generous gentleman, who
is extremely talented in so many fields and, oh, so modest

I'd been thinking of one too, but starting to see lots of problems
reported with the diesel.

Check the 'car by car breakdown' on www.honestjohn.co.uk

Got one 2.2 sport dci.6 speed gear box.had it from new last Oct very pleased
with it
and excellent service from Nissan Westway.
Don't get the 2.5 it has a 5 speed gear box not much range if your in hilly
country
T.R.

Old January 2nd 07, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Remus

"Furry Fred" wrote in message ...
Can anyone comment on the latest Nissan X-trail as a towcar. I am due to
exchange my car in 7 months time (Motability lease)and this one seems to
have the pulling power and weight capacity I need for my Hobby 540

Can't comment on the latest model but we've owned a 2.2 diesel DCi X-trail (from new) since April 2004. We love it. It's towed our caravan (weight approx 1350 kgs) around 8,000 miles including three trips to France. It's never broken down or failed to start. Towing on motorways is, usually, done in 6th gear. MPG is about 28 towing and 34-36 not towing.
Old January 2nd 07, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

TTT wrote:

I'd been thinking of one too, but starting to see lots of problems reported
with the diesel.

Check the 'car by car breakdown' on www.honestjohn.co.uk

Hardly surprising since it's sourced from Renault. A Laguna which I
owned devoured its turbo at 72000miles, despite regular main dealer
servicing on the dot.
Renault's response -" Its out of warranty sir, but we'll give you 5%
off the parts."

I now drive a Skoda. The recovery driver at the time of my breakdown
told me that in over ten years that that was the only motor that he
hadn't picked up!

Old January 3rd 07, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

We have one, Nissan are appalling. The dales are useless and customer
services are an example of what such people should not be.

Our clutch had to be replaces with the fly wheel (nearly 1200). the cause
reversing our caravan on 4-5 occasions up slopes. The smell a number of
people have commented on is gold dust being sent up to the Nissan bank. The
repair people we used said it looked like a farmer had been towing a heavy
trailer over ploughed fields, they should know we are in a rural area. They
also said it was a very lightweight set up for towing and reversing esp.
(i.e. don't try reversing, we now have a mover for this!)

We had a replacement turbo, found when we had to be recovered a few weeks
latter the dealer had only done part of the job. This was after we found the
hadn't replaced bolts on te radiator or reprogrammed both keys (I said how
bad they are)

With the second recall the dealer made a booking but when we ot there they
had forgotten to enter into there book!

In all this customer services were worse then useless, here nothing and
better do nothing is what they do, BUT when they told me there was an update
to Birdview data (its years out of date 2001/20 so check how up to date the
map data is) and I bought it only to find no it wasn't AND I was expected to
pay for customer services error!!! This after they ad told us befor we
bought the car an update WAS due out within months, nearly 3 years on
nothing, so don't trust ANY thing you are told/promised by Nissan.

You may gather we would NEVER buy Nissan or X-Trail again. It was our first
new car and has been an expensive disaster with our retirement money.

"Remus" wrote in message

"Furry Fred" wrote in message
Can anyone comment on the latest Nissan X-trail as a towcar. I am due to
exchange my car in 7 months time (Motability lease)and this one seems to
have the pulling power and weight capacity I need for my Hobby 540

Can't comment on the latest model but we've owned a 2.2 diesel DCi X-trail
(from new) since April 2004. We love it. It's towed our caravan (weight
approx 1350 kgs) around 8,000 miles including three trips to France. It's
never broken down or failed to start. Towing on motorways is, usually, done
in 6th gear. MPG is about 28 towing and 34-36 not towing.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0701-0, 03/01/2007
Tested on: 03/01/2007 21:04:09

« - | - »