Caravan Exhibitions

Old January 7th 07, 07:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

Default Caravan Exhibitions

Are the deals that can be made at Caravan Exhibitions worth it?

I want to change my 2000 4-berth for a new 2-berth, but is it worth the
travel from the north-east of England to Manchester, or should I just use
the local dealers?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old January 11th 07, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

My sister bought a caravan at an exhibition in Milton Keynes where we live.
The price was slightly higher than the price quoted by her daughter's local
dealer in Wales. The Wales crowd also threw in a cooker free as it was a
German van and did not have an oven. We discussed it and advised them to buy
locally they are both nearing 70, as it happened they have had a lot of
faults which needed putting right and a trip from Milton Keynes to Wales
every would have been expensive and time consuming. You will be lucky if
you buy a van somewhere and expect a local dealer to fix the faults, Our
friends bought a motorhome at the Dusseldorf show and cannot get service in
the UK even though a very well known motorhome dealer was supposed to offer
service, he was nasty to them, double booked it in and they waited 3 days up
North in his yard to get the service work done, eventually they took it
abroad to get the faults fixed. The dealers only get something like 80% of
the cost of warranty work refunded.
Bear all this in mind when you buy. If you are saving big money and get
about a lot you might think it is worth it.
Liz

Old January 11th 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
If you are saving big money and get about a lot you might think it is
worth it.
Liz

Thanks.

Unfortunately academic for a while now, due to a funeral on the Manchester
Exhibition weekend,