Trying to find weight for Lunar Delta Twin axle

Old January 8th 07, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
nigxls

Default Trying to find weight for Lunar Delta Twin axle

Hi
I'm selling my 1989 Lunar Delta 500 four twin axle tourer and I'm
having problems finding what weight it is. I have found a chassis plate
that gives the serial No and a GAW of 1300KG, but I don't know what the
GAW means, an anyone help please ?
Thanks

Old January 8th 07, 07:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On 7 Jan 2007 22:57:15 -0800, "nigxls" wrote:

|Hi
|I'm selling my 1989 Lunar Delta 500 four twin axle tourer and I'm
|having problems finding what weight it is. I have found a chassis plate
|that gives the serial No and a GAW of 1300KG, but I don't know what the
|GAW means, an anyone help please ?

Find your nearest Public Weigh Bridge which will give you the *actual*
weight. Everyone modifies vans, so actual weight increases over the years.
Old January 8th 07, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

"nigxls" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I'm selling my 1989 Lunar Delta 500 four twin axle tourer and I'm
having problems finding what weight it is. I have found a chassis plate
that gives the serial No and a GAW of 1300KG, but I don't know what the
GAW means, an anyone help please ?
Thanks

Gross Allowed weight if my poor old memory serves me right
if not some one else may correct me

on New vans it's MPLW

From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield and Sharm El Sheikh
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/

Old January 8th 07, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
nigxls

--

Thanks for the replies
So I take it the actual weight is less than this 1300 figure then ?

Regards

Old January 9th 07, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian B

"nigxls" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I'm selling my 1989 Lunar Delta 500 four twin axle tourer and I'm
having problems finding what weight it is. I have found a chassis
plate
that gives the serial No and a GAW of 1300KG, but I don't know what
the
GAW means, an anyone help please ?
Thanks

Have a look at http://www.caravanninglinks.co.uk/whats_it_all_mean.htm
for an explanation on phrases/abbreviations.

GAW = Gross axle weight - is an old term that is the same as the
following:

Maximum Authorized Mass (MAM). This is the Maximum total weight that
a vehicle is designed to carry, it includes the vehicle weight and the
load carried.

Maximum Gross Weight. (MGW)

The absolute maximum total weight, as set by the manufacturer.

Maximum Technically Permissible Laden Mass. (MTPLM)

Same as MGW, This is the maximum total laden weight allowed, as set by
the manufacturer, that the caravan can take.

Different manufacturers have used various ways of defining maximum
weights on their plates over the years, they all boil down to the same
thing - the maximum weight of the caravan plus all it's contents. As
Dave said, caravan weight will change over the years as owners modify
them. Whilst most slight modifications will not affect the weight too
much, adding an oven and/or fridge to a van that did not have these as
standard will, and this means that as a result your payload weight
limit (contents) will be reduced.

Ian B

Please reply to Newsgroup - Antispam applied

Avoid paying premium phone rates -
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php