moss

Old January 10th 07, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Heather

Default moss

Hi is there anything i can use to keep algea of top of folding caravan
other than a cover thanks
Old January 10th 07, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Heather" wrote in message
Hi is there anything i can use to keep algea of top of folding caravan
other than a cover thanks

No.

Sorry!

A cover is a very good idea and they're not expensive. They prevent bird
deposits and possible scratching from branches. They also provide a little
security, no-one knows what's under a cover and it will be another hazard to
delay a potential thief.

Mary

Old January 11th 07, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
georgina Smith

Hi is there anything i can use to keep algea of top of folding caravan
other than a cover thanks

No.

Sorry!

A cover is wise if you can manage it. For a time I had an eriba pop top
which I kept in the back garden under one of those cheap summer marquis you
can get from B and Q. They are designed for garden parties but seem to fit
a caravan/trailer exactly. Just ensure that you have good ventillation.
BTW algae is normally caused by standing water with access to sunlight.
Either remove one or the other to solve the problem.

Old January 11th 07, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"georgina Smith" wrote in message

Hi is there anything i can use to keep algea of top of folding caravan
other than a cover thanks

No.

Sorry!

A cover is wise if you can manage it. For a time I had an eriba pop top
which I kept in the back garden under one of those cheap summer marquis
you
can get from B and Q. They are designed for garden parties but seem to
fit
a caravan/trailer exactly.

I doubt that they'd stand up to today's wind!

A cover which ties underneath the unit is better. We use a tarpaulin, which
cost us about 15, for one of our caravans, which lives on a Welsh mountain.
It protects the 'van from rain, snow, wind, dogs, cats, sheep, sharks ...
you name it. And it has eyelets so that it can be lashed down.

A folding unit wouldn't need such a big one.

Just ensure that you have good ventillation.
BTW algae is normally caused by standing water with access to sunlight.
Either remove one or the other to solve the problem.

Algae will grow without either. Our carport roof slopes so doesn't have
standing water - but it gets wet. It's in the shade of the house so it
doesn't get sunlight. It has to be cleaned of algae every year. So have all
the glass surfaces on the greenhouse - even the vertical ones.

Algae grow in damp and light, just faster under some comditions.

Mary

Old January 11th 07, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

By coincidence I've just received the following:

http://www.northerntooluk.com/main.a...overs%2Fstraps

They're not as aesthetically pleasing or convenient as made to measure or
other commercial covers but just as effective and much cheaper, especially
for a folding unit..

Mind you, the 'van in our garden is protected by a grey Towsure one which
isn't pretty either!

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?t=6297

and I doubt that you'd get any ready-made cover for a folder.

Mary