Am i Allowed

Old January 11th 07, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AlexHaden

Default Am i Allowed

After 2 years of caravaning, im giving up :-( due to wifeys health.

Can i post a link to my ebay sale on this group or is that kind of
thing "frowned upon"?

Ta!

Old January 11th 07, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"AlexHaden" wrote in message
oups.com...
After 2 years of caravaning, im giving up :-( due to wifeys health.

Can i post a link to my ebay sale on this group or is that kind of
thing "frowned upon"?

Ta!

Some might frown on it but others do it willy nilly. I don't object to an
e-bay link.

I'm sorry about your wife's health, it will happen to us sooner rather than
later, I suspect :-(

Mary

Old January 11th 07, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On 11 Jan 2007 04:42:01 -0800, "AlexHaden" wrote:

|After 2 years of caravaning, im giving up :-( due to wifeys health.
|
|Can i post a link to my ebay sale on this group or is that kind of
|thing "frowned upon"?

Yes this is allowed by the charter
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.caravanning.html
The appropriate section reads:

Advertising
Off-topic advertisements of any form are not allowed.
On-topic private advertisements are allowed provided the subject field is
in one of the following forms to make the advertisement clear and easily
avoidable:

"FOR SALE: description of item(s) for sale"
"WANTED: description of item(s) wanted"
On-topic commercial advertisements are allowed provided the advertiser does
not post more than one advertisement for their services or goods per month.
Multiple advertisements for different services or goods from the same
advertiser are not allowed in any one month. The subject field must be in
the form:
"ADVERT: description of goods or services".
On-topic announcements of forthcoming events are allowed provided the
advertiser does not post more than one announcement for a specific event
per month. The subject field should be in the form:
"EVENT: description of event".
Discrete signatures of no more than 4 lines containing commercial
advertising, links etc are allowed on the bottom of a private message
provided the message is otherwise on-topic.

Old January 11th 07, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

AlexHaden typed:
After 2 years of caravaning, im giving up :-( due to wifeys health.

Can i post a link to my ebay sale on this group or is that kind of
thing "frowned upon"?

Personal ads are absolutely fine, so long as you don't repeat them every
day ... If you want to do that, put a URL (tinyurl.com) in your sig
line.

--
Paul - xxx