High quality UK Site recs

Old January 11th 07, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

Default High quality UK Site recs

Bit fussy me but here we go!

would like top quality site - wife well fussy about toilet facilities, etc

like CC and CCC spacing's and general feel

An indoor pool would be ideal but don't want holiday camp type site!

Needs to be fairly near to decent beach

I like hill walking so some of that in the area would be good. Fancy
Barmouth but can't see anything round there.

Takes tents if poss so my brother can join us for a few days.

Price not an issue.

As a guide:

Liked Holgates Silverdale apart from distance to beach!
Damage Barton OK but no pool
Charmouth CC site OK but too cramped

TIA for anyone who takes time to read this and especially those who come up
with something!

Jon

Old January 12th 07, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

Liked Holgates Silverdale apart from distance to beach!
Damage Barton OK but no pool
Charmouth CC site OK but too cramped

TIA for anyone who takes time to read this and especially those who come
up with something!

Jon

I can only comment on Damage Barton.

Good walking straight from the back of the site, you can walk out the back
and go down to a quite beach in a cove a couple of miles away, we even
walked into Woolacombe via Morthoe.

Toilet blocks upto usual CC/C&CC sites. This site is actually an affiliated
site and is actually both CC and C&CC, with the CC being the top end of the
site and the C & CC part seperated by a 2ft high wooden railing towards the
bottom of the site.

Only thing I didn't like is that it is very open and if the wind is a
blowing, its well blowy even in August...

Old January 13th 07, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

"Campa-Man" wrote in message

Liked Holgates Silverdale apart from distance to beach!
Damage Barton OK but no pool
Charmouth CC site OK but too cramped

TIA for anyone who takes time to read this and especially those who come
up with something!

Jon

I can only comment on Damage Barton.

Good walking straight from the back of the site, you can walk out the back
and go down to a quite beach in a cove a couple of miles away, we even
walked into Woolacombe via Morthoe.

Toilet blocks upto usual CC/C&CC sites. This site is actually an
affiliated site and is actually both CC and C&CC, with the CC being the
top end of the site and the C & CC part seperated by a 2ft high wooden
railing towards the bottom of the site.

Only thing I didn't like is that it is very open and if the wind is a
blowing, its well blowy even in August...

Thanks, I've tried the sites I mentioned that I liked and agree with your
comments about Damage Barton but am looking for somewhere different this
year.

Jon