Thanks for the reply's (Mondeo TDCI)

« - | - »

Old January 15th 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default Thanks for the reply's (Mondeo TDCI)

Thanks to all who replied about me wanting a Mondeo TDCI 130bhp Diesel
took the plunge and bought one and WOW does it go and so much Torque
The fuel Compuet shows 48 mpg at 86 mph wow
Drove the car on the motorway for a 265 mile return trip and refilled the
tank took 26 in fuel
I have never had a car so economical before with so much power guess its
economy is down to the 6th gear.
All the reports say how good it is at towing
Thanks to all
mike

Old January 15th 07, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:51:32 GMT, "Ticker"
wrote:

The fuel Compuet shows 48 mpg at 86 mph wow
Drove the car on the motorway for a 265 mile return trip and refilled the
tank took £26 in fuel

Which is an actual of 41.7mpg

I have never had a car so economical before with so much power guess its
economy is down to the 6th gear.

I am averaging 47.5 ( actual fill to fill ) on my 115 mondeo tdci
with a lot of short trips where the engine rarely gets warm, and a
fair selection of longer trips as well. It's not the gearbox it's the
engine and the way it is set up.

Bill Lord

Old January 15th 07, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Liz Hall

Our does 35 mpg when towing (115) with this van, was 38 with old van, so I
am told by the boss
Liz

Old January 16th 07, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alansd

"Liz Hall" wrote in message
| Our does 35 mpg when towing (115) with this van, was 38 with old van,
so I am told by the boss
| Liz
|
| "bill lord" wrote in message
| On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:51:32 GMT, "Ticker"
| wrote:
|
| The fuel Compuet shows 48 mpg at 86 mph wow
| Drove the car on the motorway for a 265 mile return trip and
|refilled the tank took 26 in fuel
| Which is an actual of 41.7mpg
| I have never had a car so economical before with so much power guess
|its economy is down to the 6th gear.
|
| I am averaging 47.5 ( actual fill to fill ) on my 115 mondeo tdci
| with a lot of short trips where the engine rarely gets warm, and a
| fair selection of longer trips as well. It's not the gearbox it's
|the engine and the way it is set up.
|
| Bill Lord
| I've taken a vow of poverty To annoy me send money

Yep decent car to have !!
I have the 155 Mondeo ST TDCI -last trip 4 up at 70-80mph refilled the
tank and I had got 50.1mpg.
The trip computer was showing 49.8 - near enough !
Previously had a 90hp Xantia TD - that did 45 mpg max - and the Mundano
goes faster with the caravan on than that did without :-)
Alan

Old January 17th 07, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
georgina Smith

Yes, but every Ford i have ever owned has self destructed at 100k miles. Do
they actually build them properly now or is it still budget conscious
engineering?

Old January 17th 07, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alansd

"georgina Smith" wrote in message
| Yes, but every Ford i have ever owned has self destructed at 100k
miles. Do
| they actually build them properly now or is it still budget conscious
| engineering?

You might be right - but its the first Ford I've had however the most
I've ever did in a car was 70K miles - build quality seems fine - the
present car is evidently completely different to earlier models. (or is
it?)

Alan

Old January 19th 07, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Just a Note my mate just clocked up 275.000 miles in his Mondeo 1997 model
with no major problems regular servicing has paid off and the car is still
going strong.