Propane gas in Italy and Greece?

Old January 15th 07, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Robert

Default Propane gas in Italy and Greece?

I have a German camper-van, now in France. In the van, I have one
German 5 kg propane gas bottle and one French "Le Cube" 6.5 k propane
gas bottle.

Next, I plan to go to Italy and then to Greece, so I have some
questions:

1. In Italy or Greece, can I refill my German or French propane
bottles?

2. In Italy or Greece, if I purchase an Italian or Greek gas bottle,
can I use my German gas regulator on the bottle? Will I need a
thread-to-thread adapter to do this?

3. Before I go, can I purchase the necessary adapters or hoses or
regulators somewhere?

Thank you.

Robert