Oz CDW experience etc

Old January 15th 07, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Gilbert

Default Oz CDW experience etc

G'day

we're off to Western Australia in a few weeks and we
intend going up from Perth toward Exmouth in a hired
camper. Does anyone have any experience of Collision
Damage Waiver in Oz ? If so, which of the three available
levels have folks gone for ? Any info on good/bad experiences
would be welcome. Also, the Maui/Britz empire seems to be
as widespread in Oz as it is in NZ but we've also been looking
at Backpacker Campervans. They al lseem to be around the
same price so, again, any info on good/bad experiences would
be very appreciated

Cheers sports

Chris

Old January 16th 07, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BrianG

Chris Gilbert wrote:
G'day

we're off to Western Australia in a few weeks and we
intend going up from Perth toward Exmouth in a hired
camper. Does anyone have any experience of Collision
Damage Waiver in Oz ? If so, which of the three available
levels have folks gone for ? Any info on good/bad experiences
would be welcome. Also, the Maui/Britz empire seems to be
as widespread in Oz as it is in NZ but we've also been looking
at Backpacker Campervans. They al lseem to be around the
same price so, again, any info on good/bad experiences would
be very appreciated

In my experience it depends on the hire company. Some hire companies
have CDW and I would recommend you have it if you can. Some companies
you have to pay

a substantial deposit and there is no way round it.