Caravan show G Mex Manchester

Old January 18th 07, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Caravan show G Mex Manchester

Anyone go today?
Any reports?
Was it very crowded?

Please reply to News Group

Old January 18th 07, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:13:22 GMT, "David" wrote:

|Anyone go today?
|Any reports?
|Was it very crowded?

Tried to book on line failed miserably.
So didn't go.
Probably go to the one in NEC, next month
Old January 18th 07, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vister.co.uk - Reality TV Video

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

|Anyone go today?
|Any reports?
|Was it very crowded?

Tried to book on line failed miserably.
So didn't go.
Probably go to the one in NEC, next month

-----------------

We will be there too, being local.
Vister for your top funny and extreme user videos
Main: www.vister.co.uk
Forums: http://www.vister.co.uk/forums/index.php

Old January 18th 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

--

You can pay at the door.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 18th 07, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:04:50 GMT, "David" wrote:

|"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
.. .
| On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:13:22 GMT, "David" wrote:
|
| |Anyone go today?
| |Any reports?
| |Was it very crowded?
|
| Tried to book on line failed miserably.
| So didn't go.
| Probably go to the one in NEC, next month
| --
|

|You can pay at the door.

Yes but it costs more. If they **** me around Goodbye.
The NEC one is bigger.
Old January 19th 07, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:04:50 GMT, "David" wrote:

|"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
.. .
| On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:13:22 GMT, "David" wrote:
|
| |Anyone go today?
| |Any reports?
| |Was it very crowded?
|
| Tried to book on line failed miserably.
| So didn't go.
| Probably go to the one in NEC, next month
| --
|

|You can pay at the door.

Yes but it costs more. If they **** me around Goodbye.
The NEC one is bigger.

Well for a pound, maybe two, you will cut your nose off to spite your face.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 19th 07, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:03:48 GMT, "David" wrote:

|"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
.. .
| On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:04:50 GMT, "David" wrote:

| |
| |"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:13:22 GMT, "David" wrote:
| |
| | |Anyone go today?
| | |Any reports?
| | |Was it very crowded?
| |
| | Tried to book on line failed miserably.
| | So didn't go.
| | Probably go to the one in NEC, next month
| | --
| |
| |
| |You can pay at the door.
|
| Yes but it costs more. If they **** me around Goodbye.
| The NEC one is bigger.

|Well for a pound, maybe two, you will cut your nose off to spite your face.

Not at all, there was a choice of two and the NEC one will be bigger and
probably better.
Old January 19th 07, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

|Well for a pound, maybe two, you will cut your nose off to spite your
face.

Not at all, there was a choice of two and the NEC one will be bigger and
probably better.
--

Well just got back spent about 4 hours there.
Very smart and very warm, leave your coat in the car. Food and drink
expensive.
2 halls one with caravans/motor homes the second with accessories. Not sure
if much to be saved, if you are a good price shopper in the shops and
dealers at home.
We buy the normal 12 to 13 1/2 foot caravans it looks as if the
makers/dealers are trying to push us into bigger caravans by either not
making them or not stocking them.
There is a very anti imported caravan feel about the displays and sales
reps., unless of course they sell imported caravans.
Not been to this show before but would rather have had manufactures stands
rather than dealers stands. If like that would hopefully have seen the full
range of a maker rather than a dealer with 2 or 3 of this make and other
makes as well on same stand.
Caravan Club had a big presence, looks as if they have been sponsering it.
To keep David F. happy I will report the CCC were there too.
Not over busy with people just about confortable numbers for getting around
and seeing things, could be different at the w/e.
Car parking terrible the G Mex one was full, think it must be well used by
Manchester workers etc. Next door the Great Northern allthough a and B
both had spaces they were turning people away. All 3 of these had staff
outside directing people away from the area to be transported in. I
suggest if you do not now the area you consider going to a park and ride
directly.
Overall we had a good time and if you are reading Wendy thankyou for the
help you gave us with the tickets, most appreciated.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 21st 07, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , David
writes

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message

|Well for a pound, maybe two, you will cut your nose off to spite your
face.

Not at all, there was a choice of two and the NEC one will be bigger and
probably better.
--

Well just got back spent about 4 hours there.
Very smart and very warm, leave your coat in the car. Food and drink
expensive.
2 halls one with caravans/motor homes the second with accessories. Not sure
if much to be saved, if you are a good price shopper in the shops and
dealers at home.
We buy the normal 12 to 13 1/2 foot caravans it looks as if the
makers/dealers are trying to push us into bigger caravans by either not
making them or not stocking them.
There is a very anti imported caravan feel about the displays and sales
reps., unless of course they sell imported caravans.
Not been to this show before but would rather have had manufactures stands
rather than dealers stands. If like that would hopefully have seen the full
range of a maker rather than a dealer with 2 or 3 of this make and other
makes as well on same stand.
Caravan Club had a big presence, looks as if they have been sponsering it.
To keep David F. happy I will report the CCC were there too.
Not over busy with people just about confortable numbers for getting around
and seeing things, could be different at the w/e.
Car parking terrible the G Mex one was full, think it must be well used by
Manchester workers etc. Next door the Great Northern allthough a and B
both had spaces they were turning people away. All 3 of these had staff
outside directing people away from the area to be transported in. I
suggest if you do not now the area you consider going to a park and ride
directly.
Overall we had a good time and if you are reading Wendy thankyou for the
help you gave us with the tickets, most appreciated.

Going into central Manchester from the south side I would go into
Altrincham, park at the station and get the metro - goes right past the
door.
--
hugh
Old January 21st 07, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message [email protected]

Going into central Manchester from the south side I would go into
Altrincham, park at the station and get the metro - goes right past the
door.
--

If the Metro is that noisy tram/railway thing the travel news on the day we
went said it had problems because of the gales.

Please reply to News Group