ccc - ensuring a good pitch(?)

Old January 18th 07, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

Default ccc - ensuring a good pitch(?)

Hi,

Just booked our Easter break at Keswick ccc site.

Wonder what's a good strategy to get a good pitch, or if it is the luck
of the draw? Does arriving early/late make any difference? Comments on
the booking webpage?

I suppose "exaggerating" the length of your caravan when booking might
potentially give you a slightly larger pitch, although I would neither
do this - not condone it.

--
Andy
Old January 18th 07, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:54:54 +0000, andy wrote:

|Hi,
|
|Just booked our Easter break at Keswick ccc site.
|
|Wonder what's a good strategy to get a good pitch, or if it is the luck
|of the draw? Does arriving early/late make any difference? Comments on
|the booking webpage?

Sus out the site before you arrive,
Know what you want and ask for that,
Arrive *early*, when there are lots of empty pitches.

Old January 18th 07, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Me

I suppose "exaggerating" the length of your caravan when booking might
potentially give you a slightly larger pitch, although I would neither do
this - not condone it.

Strange you should think and post message of this nature?? no wonder the
system struggles to cope with "genuine" bookings!!!!

Enjoy you deceit!!

Old January 19th 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , andy
writes
Hi,

Just booked our Easter break at Keswick ccc site.

Wonder what's a good strategy to get a good pitch, or if it is the luck
of the draw? Does arriving early/late make any difference? Comments on
the booking webpage?

I suppose "exaggerating" the length of your caravan when booking might
potentially give you a slightly larger pitch, although I would neither
do this - not condone it.

Some previous posts on this subject would suggest that on CCC sites you
get what you are given and like it - but I could be wrong.

On CC you get to choose your pitch from those suitable and available at
the time of arrival. As nominal departure time is noon, arriving early
afternoon would seem to be optimal.
--
hugh
Old January 19th 07, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:08:09 +0000, hugh ] wrote:

Some previous posts on this subject would suggest that on CCC sites you
get what you are given and like it - but I could be wrong.

That has been my experience

On CC you get to choose your pitch from those suitable and available at
the time of arrival. As nominal departure time is noon, arriving early
afternoon would seem to be optimal.

It is always worthwhile asking when you ring up beforehand as the 12
o'clock rule is generally only enforced if the site is going to be
full or nearly so on that evening, or if there are specific access
problems that have to be addressed.

Bill Lord

Old January 19th 07, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

"andy" wrote in message
Hi,

Just booked our Easter break at Keswick ccc site.

Wonder what's a good strategy to get a good pitch, or if it is the luck of
the draw? Does arriving early/late make any difference? Comments on the
booking webpage?

I suppose "exaggerating" the length of your caravan when booking might
potentially give you a slightly larger pitch, although I would neither do
this - not condone it.

--
Andy

This also depends on what your view of a good pitch is, what you think is
good others may not.

On CC sites where you pick your own, a good move is to pick two pitches
together and then put you Motorcaravan using this pitch on one and park your
van on the other :-)

Of course the above is a joke.