Cosat Dorada

Old January 20th 07, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
cbjroms

Default Cosat Dorada

Having taken the caravan to France in previous years and not had
particularly good weather, we are thinking about going down to Spain.

To save the long drive we would go from Portsmouth to Bilbao and then drive
down to either the Costa Dorada or Costa Brava.

Anyone have any expeience of this trip which they could share? Is the drive
across Spain easy? What are the sites like? Any good recommendations for a
family with a tennager?

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Old January 20th 07, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

We have travelled to Spain quite a few times and have always found it easy,
especially the route you are planning. The road across to the Costa Brava
via Zaragoza is almost all a dual carriage toll motorway and can easily be
done in a day. I don't know what the new ferry operator is like, but P&O was
ok using the pride of Bilbao. We have also gone from Portsmouth through
France, crossing into Spain north of Barcelona. This is a lot longer and we
needed an overnight stop. If time is of an essence and the cost of the
Bilbao ferry isn't I would recommend the Bilbao route. Oh, by the way, on
leaving the ferry do not take any of the Bilbao signs, just keep to the
motorway, safe journey and happy holiday, Harry