CC ferry bookings, problems.

Old January 22nd 07, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default CC ferry bookings, problems.

Do you use the CC web site to book ferries?
Just tried to get quotes for P&O and Stena and I get errors No price and no
availability.
Can't find Norfolk Line.

No problem with enquires on the ferry opperators own web sites.

If you have used the CC to book were they the same price as booking direct
with the Ferry opperator?

I have reported the fault to the web dept at CC.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 22nd 07, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"David" wrote in message
Do you use the CC web site to book ferries?
Just tried to get quotes for P&O and Stena and I get errors No price and
no availability.
Can't find Norfolk Line.

No problem with enquires on the ferry opperators own web sites.

If you have used the CC to book were they the same price as booking direct
with the Ferry opperator?

I have reported the fault to the web dept at CC.

Please reply to News Group

I have always found the Caravan Club to be the best deal if you buy the
minimum of seven Camping Cheques. We prefer to be free to go anywhere, so
do not like to be tied to the Caravan Cheque sites, but always manage to use
the seven somewhere. This year the Dover to Calais crossing is costing
114 return. I have not used Dover before as we live close to the
Portsmouth ferry and have always toured south into France and Spain. This
next trip we hope to go across Germany to at least the Polish border.

Regards.
Dave.

Old January 22nd 07, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave D" wrote in message
news

I have always found the Caravan Club to be the best deal if you buy the
minimum of seven Camping Cheques. We prefer to be free to go anywhere, so
do not like to be tied to the Caravan Cheque sites, but always manage to
use the seven somewhere. This year the Dover to Calais crossing is
costing 114 return. I have not used Dover before as we live close to the
Portsmouth ferry and have always toured south into France and Spain. This
next trip we hope to go across Germany to at least the Polish border.

As I'm planning to go by ferry to Northern Ireland and also visit the south
I only require a Ferry booking.

You say you have paid through CC 114 for your Ferry what price do you get
quoted if you put your times/dates etc into the opperators web site?

Please reply to News Group

Old January 22nd 07, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"David" wrote in message
news

"Dave D" wrote in message
news

I have always found the Caravan Club to be the best deal if you buy the
minimum of seven Camping Cheques. We prefer to be free to go anywhere,
so do not like to be tied to the Caravan Cheque sites, but always manage
to use the seven somewhere. This year the Dover to Calais crossing is
costing 114 return. I have not used Dover before as we live close to
the Portsmouth ferry and have always toured south into France and Spain.
This next trip we hope to go across Germany to at least the Polish
border.

As I'm planning to go by ferry to Northern Ireland and also visit the
south I only require a Ferry booking.

You say you have paid through CC 114 for your Ferry what price do you get
quoted if you put your times/dates etc into the opperators web site?

Please reply to News Group

I cannot recall the exact figures David but there is more than one operator
from Dover and the prices vary hour by hour and nothing was as cheap as
114. I just knew that people on this NG were delighted last year of
getting return fares about the 125 mark. We are crossing over with P&O at
0900 on Monday 7th May (Bank Holiday) and returning at midnight on Tuesday
19th June. These times suit me as it will make for a very easy drive around
the M25. For the past twenty years or more we have been going from
Portsmouth and those fares have recently been around the 300 mark but
always cheaper through the Caravan Club when booked in conjunction with
seven Camping Cheques. Like you we only require a ferry booking as I never
prebook campsites. We just turn up on spec. However I have found that the
fare plus the price of the camping cheques is together cheaper than the fare
alone so if I used the cheques to start a BBQ we would still be better off,
but they are valid for two years and we always find somewhere nice to use
them. In fact I still have seven left from last year. That makes fourteen
to get rid of. They will probably be used at one of the more expensive
sites in the south of France or Spain in September but once again we shall
not prebook. Unfortunately I now see that the Camping Cheque site guide
does not show any sites in Ireland so my contribution will probably be of no
use to you. Par for the course really as far as advice from me goes :-)
Best of luck.

Regards.
Dave.