Bilbao Ferries

Old January 22nd 07, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
cbjroms

Default Bilbao Ferries

I am planning a trip to Spain this summer and plan to use P&O on the outward
leg and the Spanish ferry on the return leg.

I have been on the P&O ship before and it was fine. Anyone got any experince
of the Spanish service?

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Old January 24th 07, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"cbjroms" wrote in message
I am planning a trip to Spain this summer and plan to use P&O on the
outward leg and the Spanish ferry on the return leg.

I have been on the P&O ship before and it was fine. Anyone got any
experince of the Spanish service?

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Chris,

Sorry although we live in Portsmouth we have never used a ferry to Spain,
preferring to drive and camp through France, and I have not spoken to
anybody who has been on one. There have been a few dismal stories around
Portsmouth about Acciona the Spanish ferry and this is the latest from the
local paper.

http://www.thenews.co.uk/ViewArticle...icleID=1988699

Regards.
Dave.

Old January 25th 07, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mal

cbjroms wrote:
I am planning a trip to Spain this summer and plan to use P&O on the outward
leg and the Spanish ferry on the return leg.

I have been on the P&O ship before and it was fine. Anyone got any experince
of the Spanish service?

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris

Family just returned from Bilbao via Spanish Ferry and weren't
impressed! No safety instructions, no signs indicating assembly areas in
case of disaster, unsure of whereabouts of lifebelts, movies in Spanish
onle and tannoy English incomprehensible. The storm not the ship's fault
but that didn't improve confidence!

Never again was the verdict - even at 73 they will drive next year!
Old January 26th 07, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:48:58 +0800, Mal wrote:

Family just returned from Bilbao via Spanish Ferry and weren't
impressed! No safety instructions, no signs indicating assembly areas in
case of disaster, unsure of whereabouts of lifebelts, movies in Spanish
onle and tannoy English incomprehensible. The storm not the ship's fault
but that didn't improve confidence!

Never again was the verdict - even at 73 they will drive next year!

Only one piece of information.

Beware as you can not cancel the CC booking and possibly any caravan
cheap booking on the Spanish Ferry crossing. Seems there might be some
insurance that you pay extra for but the terms make changing your mind
not an option. Seems someone has to die or you go to prison as being
valid reasons. read first.