Anyone want to hire Motorhome to Aussie in June 2007?

Old January 23rd 07, 04:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Badger1954

Default Anyone want to hire Motorhome to Aussie in June 2007?

Hi,

I started the thread "Aussie wants to tour UK and Europe". Here's
another question:
I am looking for someone in the UK (and later someone else in Europe)
who will hire their Motorhome to us during June 19 to July 2 approx in
UK, and July for eastern Europe, but we could work around those dates.
We thought of doing a "swap" eg we use person's Motorhome over there
and if they come over here they can use our van, but that causes
problems eg how would they tow our van? Anyway, we decided that an
alternative would be to hire someone's Motorhome. Of course, we could
hire one from a company but we're hoping for this to be a better
alternative - cheaper for us and someone makes some money if they are
not going to use their Motorhome in that time.

I am the editor (started it in 1998 and run it) of the Australian
Caravan Park Reports website :
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~badger04/ Your equivalent would be
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

I am also assistant manager of the Australian Caravanners forum
http://groups.msn.com/Caravanersforum

We are a family of 4: me (53 yo), wife (46 yo), 13 & 15 yo boys -
very responsible kids, and I'd hope other's kids are as good as ours,
by the way. We are non-smokers, careful drivers, clean and tidy.
We're both Insurance rated 1 - the best - and will have
International drivers licences by then of course. Both been driving
since teens. Both been towing vans since 1992.

We'd arrange to pick up the Motorhome and drop it off ourselves before
heading off to Europe, and in Europe we'd do likewise (leaving for home
from Rome, but we could work around that, I hope). I have no idea of
the security (deposit or otherwise) required for this - so can anyone
give some hints (leaving wife as security is not an option). And of
course we'd contact people to discuss the ins-and-outs beforehand.

We'd be happy to pay any additional insurance premiums required and can
be added to the cost.

Thanks for any help or advice from anyone, but can we keep this thread
on track (happens over here too *grin*)