CC ferry bookings, problems.

Old January 23rd 07, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default CC ferry bookings, problems.

Still can't get the CC web site to quote/book ferries to Northern
Irelandtoday.
Got a reply from thier web team this am. all I got from them please use the
telephone if still having difficulties.
Is this the usual sort of reply the CC dish out?
I would have expected a reply saying thanks we look at it and FIX it, we
will come back to you asap.

Please reply to News Group

Old January 24th 07, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Dee

"David" wrote in message
Still can't get the CC web site to quote/book ferries to Northern
Irelandtoday.
Got a reply from thier web team this am. all I got from them please use
the telephone if still having difficulties.
Is this the usual sort of reply the CC dish out?
I would have expected a reply saying thanks we look at it and FIX it, we
will come back to you asap.

Please reply to News Group

I've been in touch with the CC twice since Xmas about the lack of prices for
Stena & P&O on the web site. They tell me they have not got the prices
loaded yet and can't say when this will be done. I was advised to ring them
for prices (which I've not done yet)
--
Alan Dee

Old January 24th 07, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Alan Dee" wrote in message

I've been in touch with the CC twice since Xmas about the lack of prices
for Stena & P&O on the web site. They tell me they have not got the prices
loaded yet and can't say when this will be done. I was advised to ring
them for prices (which I've not done yet)
--

Got this this am. from them.

"..
I regret that the Stena Line and P&O Irish Ferries prices are not currently
working on our website.

The problem has been reported and is being looked into. In the meantime, if
you would like to provide us with your proposed dates of travel, passenger
details and length and height of you car & caravan / motorhome, then we will
be happy to obtain a price for you.

We do not currently make bookings on the Norfolkline routes to Ireland...."

I do not want to do a 'phone enquiry/booking so will wait a short while then
try them again if ithey have failed to put thier system right I will book
with one of the 3 ferry firms.

David F. does the C&CC do internet bookings that work for the N.Ireland
routes? Do you also know if they are cheaper than direct web bookings to
the opperators?

Please reply to News Group

Old January 25th 07, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jx

I emailed the club with my details and they emailed back prices for
crossings with a selection of ferry companies...including P and O

Jx

Old January 25th 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Jx" wrote in message
I emailed the club with my details and they emailed back prices for
crossings with a selection of ferry companies...including P and O

Fine if you are not particular about getting the cheapest price.
If you look at a price list for these firms there are dozens of different
prices, effected by the day of the week, season and time of day, length of
time a particular boat takes. On top for caravaneers different prices on
different sailings for a caravan.

Some times a better price can be obtained by useing one firm out and another
back.

OK being retired I can be flexible and do appreciate others who work may
well be stuck with a particular date out and back.

So I need to play about with various combinations on the web. It can be
done on P&O Irish, Stena Line and Norfolk Line via thier web sites which I
will do if the CC does not hurry up and get thier web booking site sorted.
The CC replies I've had combimed with posts here give me the impreeion the
CC is not hurring.

I'm not sure the CC will when they get sorted will be any cheaper than
direct with the Ferry opperator any way.

Please reply to News Group