PDQ Awning

Old January 24th 07, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rona

Default PDQ Awning

We are very experienced caravanners but after major surgery my husband will
not be able to help put up an awning. Has anyone used and got opinions on
the PDQ Porch Awning
Thanks
Ronacj

Old January 24th 07, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flybywire

watch the video

http://www.towsure.com/bespoke.asp?pg=vid_pdq.htm

I think the easiest sort ie no steel poles etc is the

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?t=6421 type

the choice is yours

we use the latter and its great even can put it up
only prob it can collect rain on top in heavy downpours put then it flicks
it off

Mike

Old January 24th 07, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:23:34 GMT, "flybywire" wrote:

I think the easiest sort ie no steel poles etc is the

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?t=6421 type

Should anyone wish to buy one similar to these have a look at

http://www.campingandleisure.co.uk/c...roducts_id=690

I bought a porchlite plus yesterday for £66.94 brand new including
delivery, it should arrive tomorrow.
Bill Lord

Old January 24th 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:28:11 -0000, "Rona"
wrote:

We are very experienced caravanners but after major surgery my husband will
not be able to help put up an awning. Has anyone used and got opinions on
the PDQ Porch Awning
Thanks
Ronacj

Have a look at the Spacelite a metre longer (4.5m) than the PDQ and
looks easyer to errect.

http://www.outdoor-revolution.com/compact.php

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Old January 24th 07, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Dee

Yes, we purchased a PDQ awning last year and it's fairly good without being
exceptional. The first fitting is actually Pretty Damn Slow as you have to
set-up all of the poles etc. Once this is done, and the awning is erected
it's fine so long as the wind speeds are moderate. Subsequently, the awning
is folded and rolled complete with poles into the storage bag which is
attached to the awning rail of your Caravan.

It took two of us to fold it away and as we are both short (5' 6") we found
it impossible to manage without using two caravan steps (borrowed one!)

If your husband is vertically challenged (like us!) and not easily able to
stretch, this may not be for you..

--
Alan Dee

Old January 24th 07, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Havent been too impressed with the one we bought last year.
It leaked (along the seam of the "bag" which fits into the caravan
awning channel) and although the company sent us some waterproofing
sealant it shouldnt really have leaked in the first place.
Annoyingly the zips close from top to bottom, so you either have to
have the door fully open or risk tripping up on it as you step in and
out.
Keith

Old January 25th 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jx

We had to return our first as it ripped along a seam during a bit of wind.
It took both of us to put it up and put it away - judicious use of a
sweeping brush is a great help when you've only got one caravan step.

This ripping happened a lot to the early ones but Towsure have replaced ours
with a series 2 which is supposed to be stronger and have the zips going the
other way but we haven't tried it out yet. The online video doesn't show
you hammering the pegs in the two minutes either!

Jx