Fixed bed van + kids

Old January 28th 07, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mat

Default Fixed bed van + kids

Hi,

Wifey and I are thinking of making our next van purchase a fixed bed
(looking at a Hymer living 465). However, as we have two children
(aged 5 and 3) is this a practical idea?

Any of you good folk had experience of whether this arrangement works
with a family?

Cheers,
Mat

Old January 29th 07, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
meld3

Yours are the perfect age !!

We had a Coachman Pastiche 2000 - 2005 and used the front double as two
singles for the kids aged 5 + 2 at the time.

Dead easy to make beds but they finally outgrew them lengthwise.

Go for it !!

Adrian

oups.com...

Old January 29th 07, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On 28 Jan 2007 13:31:35 -0800, "Mat" wrote:

Hi,

Wifey and I are thinking of making our next van purchase a fixed bed
(looking at a Hymer living 465). However, as we have two children
(aged 5 and 3) is this a practical idea?

Any of you good folk had experience of whether this arrangement works
with a family?

Cheers,
Mat

Hi,
We have a Hobby 460Ufe similar layout but it looks a bit longer we
have a cabinet between the bed & kitchen internal length 4.72m.
We have 2 grown up girls they used sleep on the made up double top to
tail. We try to avoid taking them now they are too old.

We found the layout fine for our use but you might find it a bit
restricting with young kids as you don't have a lounge once they have
gone to bed. Not a problem on the continent where we only use the van
as a bedroom.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs