Kia Sorento

Old January 30th 07, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

Default Kia Sorento

Hi
Thinking of a change of vehicle,fancy a Kia sorento diesel.
Any one in the group useing one please ?.

If so how do you find it for reliability,mpg,and general driving.

Not for off road and read they are top hole for towing.
Most interested in the reliabilty side of vehicle.

Many thanks.

Baz

Old January 30th 07, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jez T

"Baz" wrote
Hi
Thinking of a change of vehicle,fancy a Kia sorento diesel.

See what JD Power have to say about Kias...

Old January 31st 07, 06:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"Baz" wrote in message Hi
Thinking of a change of vehicle,fancy a Kia sorento diesel.
Any one in the group useing one please ?.

If so how do you find it for reliability,mpg,and general driving.

Looked at automatic diesel. Found for our purposes (we carry a wheelchair)
they were too small in the back - a triumph of design over practicality.
Salesman kept saying -"but there's underfloor storage, as well". True, but
I'd rather be able to reach all the rubbish we take caravanning.

Opted for a Hyundai Terracan in the end. Older-fashioned, but a lot larger.
--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

Old January 31st 07, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

"Baz" wrote
Hi
Thinking of a change of vehicle,fancy a Kia sorento diesel

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Jez T" wrote in message
..

See what JD Power have to say about Kias..

..
Hi Jez.
Thanks for the reply regards sorento and JD reviews.

Seems to me they have done more than one review
and vary a lot. See below.

http://www.whatcar.com/news-special-...562&EL=3121179

Thats why I rather get owners views if poss,to many surveys rely on
who's giving the best DVD player away. :-)
Barry

Old February 1st 07, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

On 30 Jan, 22:17, "Baz" wrote:
Hi
Thinking of a change of vehicle,fancy a Kia sorento diesel.
Any one in the group useing one please ?.

If so how do you find it for reliability,mpg,and general driving.

Not for off road and read they are top hole for towing.
Most interested in the reliabilty side of vehicle.

Many thanks.

Baz

I towed a 1500 kg van 6K miles with mine ( 04 reg) and had no
complaint about towing and not realy suprised at 21mpg but the solo
26mpg wasnt very good. I had one breakdown, a burst hose on the
transmission cooler but that could happen to any vehicle. I believe
the latest models claim better mpg.
regards
Dave

Old February 1st 07, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Baz

On 30 Jan, 22:17, "Baz" wrote:
Hi
Thinking of a change of vehicle,fancy a Kia sorento diesel.
Any one in the group useing one please ?.

If so how do you find it for reliability,mpg,and general driving.

Many thanks.

Baz

I towed a 1500 kg van 6K miles with mine ( 04 reg) and had no
complaint about towing and not realy suprised at 21mpg but the solo
26mpg wasnt very good. I had one breakdown, a burst hose on the
transmission cooler but that could happen to any vehicle. I believe
the latest models claim better mpg.
regards
Dave

Dave" wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi Dave and Budgie.

Thanks for your replies.

As regards room Budgei I have had a good look round one
and for my caravanning think I'll have plenty room for what I carry.

Dave, I assume the 26mpg is a mixture of town and open road driving ??.

Have read that with most diesel's mpg tends to get better the after a few
miles have been put on,would not help me as don't do many miles per yr.

How did you find the roll when cornering,is it excessive ,have read in more
than one report that a lot of body roll present when going round
roundabouts,etc
or are they just going a bit to mad when testing.

Do you still have yours now ?if not any particular reason .
Many thanks.
Barry

--
Barry.