Kia Sportage

« - | - »

Old January 31st 07, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flybywire

Default Kia Sportage

Thinking of a Sportage after hearing all the gas guzzling tales of the
Sorento

Any probs pls with towing etc with the Sportage

thanks

Mike

Old January 31st 07, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:02:44 GMT, "flybywire" wrote:

Thinking of a Sportage after hearing all the gas guzzling tales of the
Sorento

Any probs pls with towing etc with the Sportage

thanks

Mike

What gas guzzling stories,? I thought they did about 25/26 solo 20+
towing, pretty good for a vehicle weighing 2 ton.
Big disadvantage with the Sportage they don't do an Auto box with the
newer up rated diesel engine.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk

Old February 1st 07, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:08:48 GMT, "flybywire" wrote:

I think Kia make out it can do over 30

I have a Sedona although it's possible to get 35+ (managed 45 once on
my last one, M1 was very busy & couldn't over 65mph) with my right
foot I normally only get 25/26, for a vehicle weighing over 2 ton
anything over 20 got to be good.

Old February 1st 07, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:17:03 +0000, Lenny
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:08:48 GMT, "flybywire" wrote:

I think Kia make out it can do over 30

I have a Sedona although it's possible to get 35+ (managed 45 once on
my last one, M1 was very busy & couldn't over 65mph) with my right
foot I normally only get 25/26, for a vehicle weighing over 2 ton
anything over 20 got to be good.

Lenny

Dark evenings - want better visability
Fit Osram Silver Star Headlamp Bulbs
50% Brighter beam, 20m Longer beam

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials
www.motoressentials.co.uk

We tow with my wife's new shogun 3.2 L and if we are carefully get
26/28 mpg solo and 20 /22 towing

First trip away I was rather surprised at 18 MPG going down through
France until I dropped from 60 to 55 and turned off both the four
wheel drive to two and turned off the AC. It then came up to 24. Hope
that helps for comparison.

« - | - »