Help With Science Experiment

Old February 2nd 07, 04:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Help With Science Experiment

I have a multimeter (voltmeter) and a solar panel. The problem is that
the solar panel is connected to a battery that stores the energy until
night (when the censor turns on a light bulb). How do I test the
current power from a light to connect to the multimeter (voltmeter)?

Old February 2nd 07, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:51:11 +0000, Roy wrote:

said the following on 02/02/2007
|04:55:
| I have a multimeter (voltmeter) and a solar panel. The problem is that
| the solar panel is connected to a battery that stores the energy until
| night (when the censor turns on a light bulb). How do I test the
| current power from a light to connect to the multimeter (voltmeter)?
|
|Ohms law - connect a known low value, very close tolerance
|and of suitable wattage resistor in series and the voltmeter
|across the resistor and use the formula I=V/R

Or measure the current output of the solar panel. Most *multimeters*
measure low currents up to say 10 amps.