Campsite TV etc

Old February 2nd 07, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Elddis Presley

Default Campsite TV etc

Big changes are intended to our caravan entertainment system. I need advice as to what is available/possible.

Currently we have a 14" mains portable TV with inbuilt video player. We can attach a DVD player to this via Scart cables. An outside aerial (directional) on a mast usually ensures good reception for the main 5 TV channels.

What we want is an all singing all dancing system that will give us terrestrial TV + all the Free to View TV channels + the ability to play DVDs (we're not bothered with video as it's on the way out) + internet access and finally the ability (if we so choose) to access Satellite channels and also, when we are in France, to pick up French TV.

Is there anything resembling an all-in-one system that would do all (or even some) of the above (a laptop computer for instance)? We don't want to pack the caravan out with electronic equipment - the smaller, more compact, the better (except for the size of the screen). Any suggestions/advice gratefully received.

Old February 2nd 07, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 14:24:16 -0000, "Elddis Presley"
wrote:

|Big changes are intended to our caravan entertainment system. I need advice as to what is available/possible.
|
|Currently we have a 14" mains portable TV with inbuilt video player. We can attach a DVD player to this via Scart cables. An outside aerial (directional) on a mast usually ensures good reception for the main 5 TV channels.
|
|What we want is an all singing all dancing system that will give us terrestrial TV + all the Free to View TV channels + the ability to play DVDs (we're not bothered with video as it's on the way out) + internet access and finally the ability (if we so choose) to access Satellite channels and also, when we are in France, to pick up French TV.
|
|Is there anything resembling an all-in-one system that would do all (or even some) of the above (a laptop computer for instance)? We don't want to pack the caravan out with electronic equipment - the smaller, more compact, the better (except for the size of the screen). Any suggestions/advice gratefully received.

Lidl sold one a few months ago as a special, wait till it comes round
again.

Please set your newsreader to 72 character or thereabouts lines.

Old February 2nd 07, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Elddis Presley" wrote in message
[...]

Tesco etc. have 15" 'ish LCD TVs with Freeview and DVD built in.
So you need to add a satellite box via a scart, but you must have knowlege
about satellite reception or you are wasting money.

Please reply to News Group