GPS Coordinates ofa few campingsites

Old February 3rd 07, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Theo

Default GPS Coordinates ofa few campingsites

Hi,

I'm looking for the GPS coordinates (WGS84) of the folloowing sites (UK en
Ireland):

Dovercourt Caravan Park Harwich UK
Ferryafvaart Holyhead UK
Camac Valley Camping & Caravanpark Dublin EI
Nagle's Doolin Camping & Caravan Park Doolin EI
Killarney Flesk Caravan & Camping Park Kilarney EI
Nore Valley Park Kilkenny/Bennettsbridge EI

Is there anybody, who can help me out ?

Regards,

Theo

Old February 3rd 07, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:48:18 -0000, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

|Theo laatvoor
typed:
| Hi,
|
| I'm looking for the GPS coordinates (WGS84) of the folloowing sites
| (UK en Ireland):

CCC book has UK National grid refs for c4000 sites.

| Dovercourt Caravan Park Harwich UK
| Ferryafvaart Holyhead UK
| Camac Valley Camping & Caravanpark Dublin EI
| Nagle's Doolin Camping & Caravan Park Doolin EI
| Killarney Flesk Caravan & Camping Park Kilarney EI
| Nore Valley Park Kilkenny/Bennettsbridge EI

Only c4000 in the CCC book, plus c1500 in the CC book to go. Some
duplication.
---
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
20,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.org
For Yorkshire Dialect go to www.hyphenologist.co.uk/songs/
also PG Nos 2888, 3232, 17472, 17799
Old February 3rd 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

Nebulous wrote:

"Theo" laatvoor
wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I'm looking for the GPS coordinates (WGS84) of the folloowing sites (UK en
Ireland):

Dovercourt Caravan Park Harwich UK
Ferryafvaart Holyhead UK
Camac Valley Camping & Caravanpark Dublin EI
Nagle's Doolin Camping & Caravan Park Doolin EI
Killarney Flesk Caravan & Camping Park Kilarney EI
Nore Valley Park Kilkenny/Bennettsbridge EI

Is there anybody, who can help me out ?

i'm not sure if this is what you want - but I'll give a plug for my
favourite campsite.

www.myfavouritecampsite.co.uk

They have POI (points of Interest) files for satnav systems giving locations
of campsites in many European countries including Ireland.

Neb

You may be able to make use of something he
http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/pushpins/index.html

Easiest if you have Autoroute to read the .axe file but you can
extract information otherwise using GPSBabel or POIConvertor for example.
Old February 4th 07, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

"Theo" laatvoor
wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I'm looking for the GPS coordinates (WGS84) of the folloowing sites (UK en
Ireland):

Dovercourt Caravan Park Harwich UK
Ferryafvaart Holyhead UK
Camac Valley Camping & Caravanpark Dublin EI
Nagle's Doolin Camping & Caravan Park Doolin EI
Killarney Flesk Caravan & Camping Park Kilarney EI
Nore Valley Park Kilkenny/Bennettsbridge EI

Is there anybody, who can help me out ?

Regards,

Theo

You could try
http://www.tomtomfree.com/singlePOIfile.htm has POI files in
TomTom format for both Caravan Club Sites and another for some 250
commercial sites.

With OVTOOLS, available for free from
http://www.palmtop.nl/ce/support/nav_poi.html you can convert to a text file
from TomTom OV format which give co-ordinates in text format. If your Sat
Nav is another make them maybe a tool exists for converting into your Sat
Nav's format.

Also try http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=POIs for more POIs
in many formats.

Finally http://www.poihandler.com/members/poidownload.aspx has several
campsite categories in many Sat Nav formats, free but you have to register.

Jim

----
It has removed 1066 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old February 4th 07, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Theo

Hi Dave,

I don't understand your answer. I'm from Holland, so for me no CCC or CC
book.

Regards
Theo

"Dave Fawthrop" schreef in bericht
news
wrote:

|Theo laatvoor
typed:

Old February 4th 07, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 09:57:39 +0100, "Theo" laatvoor
wrote:

|Hi Dave,
|
|I don't understand your answer. I'm from Holland, so for me no CCC or CC
|book.
|
|Regards
|Theo

|"Dave Fawthrop" schreef in bericht
|news | On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:48:18 -0000, "Paul - xxx"
| wrote:
|
| |Theo laatvoor
| typed:
| | Hi,
| |
| | I'm looking for the GPS coordinates (WGS84) of the folloowing sites
| | (UK en Ireland):
|
| CCC book has UK National grid refs for c4000 sites.
| |
| | Dovercourt Caravan Park Harwich UK
| | Ferryafvaart Holyhead UK
| | Camac Valley Camping & Caravanpark Dublin EI
| | Nagle's Doolin Camping & Caravan Park Doolin EI
| | Killarney Flesk Caravan & Camping Park Kilarney EI
| | Nore Valley Park Kilkenny/Bennettsbridge EI
|
| Only c4000 in the CCC book, plus c1500 in the CC book to go. Some
| duplication.

You did specify
| | (UK en Ireland)
Where CCC
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ and CC
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ are the biggest clubs, neither
sell the books to non members.

Please do not top post it makes threads a swine to read.
---