CL near York

Old February 10th 07, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Default CL near York

I intend to see York , Scarborough , Whitby and a bit of the York Moors this
year and wondered if anyone can recommend some nice CLs (not child friendly
if you know what I mean) for late July August this year?

TIA

Old February 10th 07, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Graham Wilson

"Capt T" wrote in message
I intend to see York , Scarborough , Whitby and a bit of the York Moors
this
year and wondered if anyone can recommend some nice CLs (not child
friendly
if you know what I mean) for late July August this year?

TIA

Pinewoods at Scarborough might fit your bill

From
Gray
The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield and Sharm El Sheikh
www.madcaravanner.co.uk
You don't have to be mad but it helps

Pictures at http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/Madcaravanner/

Old February 10th 07, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar

Capt T wrote
I intend to see York , Scarborough , Whitby and a bit of the York Moors
this
year and wondered if anyone can recommend some nice CLs (not child
friendly
if you know what I mean) for late July August this year?

York - Bishopthorpe - CCC 105 35 - quiet field surrounded by hedge - close
to York

York - Hessay - CC 4m WNW - small pleasant field - close to York

York - Upper Helmsley - CC 6m NE - pleasant field, hill views, good walks

North Yorks - Aysgarth - CCC 98 9 - lovely wooded field alongside river

North Yorks - Helmsley - CC 3m ENE - quiet, views, secluded - nice field in
middle of nowhere

All recommended.

Keith

Old February 12th 07, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar

"Keith Dunbar" wrote in message
Capt T wrote
I intend to see York , Scarborough , Whitby and a bit of the York Moors
this
year and wondered if anyone can recommend some nice CLs (not child
friendly
if you know what I mean) for late July August this year?

York - Bishopthorpe - CCC 105 35 - quiet field surrounded by hedge - close
to York

York - Hessay - CC 4m WNW - small pleasant field - close to York

York - Upper Helmsley - CC 6m NE - pleasant field, hill views, good walks

North Yorks - Aysgarth - CCC 98 9 - lovely wooded field alongside river

North Yorks - Helmsley - CC 3m ENE - quiet, views, secluded - nice field
in middle of nowhere

All recommended.

Keith

Having taken the trouble to list these five sights I find it puzzling that
there has been no feedback. Have I not given the kind of information people
want?

Keith

Old February 12th 07, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campa-Man

[...]

Personally I found your information spot on, and have copied and stored them
as I too am planning a trip that way later in the year, but as I was not the
OP I didn't answer, maybe the OP has either not been back on line as like me
they only access the internet from work, or just doesn't say thanks.

Thanks

Andy

Old February 14th 07, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Thanks for all the ideas people and Keith - don`t worry we are not all so
fortunate to have continuos access to the net - good info thanks.
Incidentally which of those listed was your favourite?
I am travelling up from kent and its always tricky to try and guess from
limited info how nice a site is going to be.Tricky when you have to take it
or leave it cos you have nowhere else to go. Did any of those have a pub
nearby for instance.

Cheers

Old February 15th 07, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar

"Capt T" wrote in message
Thanks for all the ideas people and Keith - don`t worry we are not all so
fortunate to have continuos access to the net - good info thanks.
Incidentally which of those listed was your favourite?
I am travelling up from kent and its always tricky to try and guess from
limited info how nice a site is going to be.Tricky when you have to take
it
or leave it cos you have nowhere else to go. Did any of those have a pub
nearby for instance.

Cheers

Sorry, don't do pubs, so can't remember.

Bishopthorpe and Hessay are quite convenient and nice quiet pleasant fields.

Upper Helmsley is more in the hills, and has good views. It also is
electric.

Aysgarth is as I said, very pretty alongside a river - quiet and fairly
secluded. I think there may be a pub not too far away.

Helmsley is really quite remote, quiet, views, secluded, up a
no-through-road - a long walk to the pub would be my guess, but I honestly
can't remember. You could look them up in the site books and phone the
owners.

Keith