Eriba caravans... ever heard of them... I haven't

Old February 16th 07, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hasty321

Default Eriba caravans... ever heard of them... I haven't

Hi all.

I am thinking of getting a 7m caravan.

I found this one while trawling the web last night :

http://www.my-caravan-for-sale.com/a...NOVA _MOD_570

1) Has anyone seen one of these in the UK, or know a UK importer.. so
I can make a local visit

2) Any feedback regarding build quality etc

3) Is that a good price, I guess it's around 8K
Cheers

Tris

Old February 16th 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave D

"hasty321" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all.

I am thinking of getting a 7m caravan.

I found this one while trawling the web last night :

http://www.my-caravan-for-sale.com/a...NOVA _MOD_570

1) Has anyone seen one of these in the UK, or know a UK importer.. so
I can make a local visit
2) Any feedback regarding build quality etc
3) Is that a good price, I guess it's around 8K
Cheers
Tris

Tris,
I cannot speak for the 7m Eriba as I have never seen one but during my
French travels I have see hundreds of the 3m to 4m size. These little vans
are very popular on the continent and look very strong and well built.
Every inch of space is cleverly used right down to compartments in the door.
The small ones have pop up roofs and are very easily moved about by hand. I
often wished I had invested in one years ago instead of the 3.8m Avondale
that we use.
Regards.
Dave.

Old February 16th 07, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Dave D" wrote in message

"hasty321" wrote in message
[...]

its a HYMER

Bill Lord will know all the details

Not looked at the full spec but width might be a problem if it to be towed in the
UK

DieSea

Old February 16th 07, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"DieSea" wrote in
:

its a HYMER

Bill Lord will know all the details

Not looked at the full spec but width might be a problem if it to be
towed in the UK

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/hymer.htm#nova02 gives the weights and
layout of that year's 'van. It gives the length, but not the width. I've
noticed an error on the page - when you click the link for the layout
letter it shows layout A instead of S, so you'll have to find another S to
click.

Brochures of the latest models are available from
http://www.hymer.ag/eu/1123_downloads.html This year's 540 is 2.3m wide and
this year's 560 is 2.4m wide. There isn't a listed Nova 570 - but I suspect
you're right to be concerned about the width.

@Tris: If the width is more than 2.3 metres, you won't be able to legally
tow it behind a UK towcar.

HTH,

--
Geoff
Old February 16th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bert W

Geoff Lane wrote:
"DieSea" wrote in
:

its a HYMER

Bill Lord will know all the details

Not looked at the full spec but width might be a problem if it to be
towed in the UK

http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/hymer.htm#nova02 gives the weights
and layout of that year's 'van. It gives the length, but not the
width. I've noticed an error on the page - when you click the link
for the layout letter it shows layout A instead of S, so you'll have
to find another S to click.

Brochures of the latest models are available from
http://www.hymer.ag/eu/1123_downloads.html This year's 540 is 2.3m
wide and this year's 560 is 2.4m wide. There isn't a listed Nova 570
- but I suspect you're right to be concerned about the width.

@Tris: If the width is more than 2.3 metres, you won't be able to
legally tow it behind a UK towcar.

The Nova 570 in our database (2005/6) is 2.30 m wide. I don't know if the
2002 model is the same, but normally only newer become larger. ;-)
The Eriba's are popular over here. Good build quality in generall.

--
Regards, Bert W
www.whattowcar.com

Old February 16th 07, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On 16 Feb 2007 04:02:54 -0800, "hasty321"
wrote:

Hi all.

I am thinking of getting a 7m caravan.

I found this one while trawling the web last night :

http://www.my-caravan-for-sale.com/a...NOVA _MOD_570

1) Has anyone seen one of these in the UK, or know a UK importer.. so
I can make a local visit

2) Any feedback regarding build quality etc

3) Is that a good price, I guess it's around £8K
Cheers

Lovely van, extremely well made, very comfortable to live in, probably
the van least prone to water ingress problems. I have talked to a lot
of other owners and this is their general opinion, my van has had more
than it's fair share of internal construction problems ( lots of
screws coming loose ) but once sorted they have never reoccurred. The
external construction is superb, and the insulation is wonderful. You
will see a lot of Hymer caravans on the roads in the UK these days,
they have been imported into the Uk by Lowdhams leisure world of
either Huddersfiled or Nottingham and they are the sole UK dealers.
Sadly they will only service Hymer vans that they have originally
sold, and since the vans come with a 6 year water ingress warranty it
is necessary to have them checked each year by a Hymer dealer. That
570 has never been imported into the UK and Lowdhams imported all the
models that were legal to tow on the UK roads buy a normal vehicle. To
tow the 570 in the Uk you would require a vehicle with a kerbweight
greater than 3500kg as it is 2.5m wide
As to price it's a good price or would be for a UK legal van The new
models are priced at about £18k though in 2002 it would probably have
been priced at about 14k. My 2004 Hymer 470 was £12.5k and the latest
470 is selling for £16.25k.
If you look at
http://www.hymer.com/eu/100179,70865...cac966fbb.html
you will be able to contacy Hymer they are very good with their
customer service, I once asked them a question by e-mail and they
replied and asked for a telephone number and then phoned a couple of
weeks later to find out if their reply had given me the right answer.
Bill Lord

Old March 15th 07, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alasdair

Details of Eriba UK at http://www.eriba-uk.com/

--
Alasdair.
Old March 15th 07, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

1) Has anyone seen one of these in the UK, or know a UK importer.. so
I can make a local visit

Details of Eriba UK at http://www.eriba-uk.com/

Eriba caravans of the type that the Op asked about are only imported
into the Uk by Lowdhams caravans either in Nottingham or Huddersfield.
The Uk spec ones are branded Hymer.

Bill Lord

Old March 15th 07, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote:

1) Has anyone seen one of these in the UK, or know a UK importer.. so
I can make a local visit

Details of Eriba UK at http://www.eriba-uk.com/

Eriba caravans of the type that the Op asked about are only imported
into the Uk by Lowdhams caravans either in Nottingham or Huddersfield.
The Uk spec ones are branded Hymer.

Bill Lord

Bill

Didn't they do the puck with the sales office near Swindon

DieSea